Reesey

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi 2dogs
For all its worth I had a snall scotish terrier when I was a kid that got hit by a dirt bike and shattered it entire hind end. Cost lots to keep her alive but in the end she adapted just fine and once she got the hang of dragging her numbed hind end around she was so fast running just on her front legs she looked like she was tearing around on her own little crazy carpet. With someone like yourself looking out for it i am sure it will make a great recovery and the vet will work with you I have no doubt. Anyways hope it all works out for you.

Cheers

degenerative_disc said:
Hi 2dogs
For all its worth I had a snall scotish terrier when I was a kid that got hit by a dirt bike and shattered it entire hind end. Cost lots to keep her alive but in the end she adapted just fine and once she got the hang of dragging her numbed hind end around she was so fast running just on her front legs she looked like she was tearing around on her own little crazy carpet. With someone like yourself looking out for it i am sure it will make a great recovery and the vet will work with you I have no doubt. Anyways hope it all works out for you.

Cheers

thanks DD nice to see you again. dr said he would take the leg because the dog might damage it and not know. dragging it etc. Atleast he is a small lightweight dog and not a heavy one should help. The dr said he is perkier today not putting weight on his foot but we shal be patient and wait.

Well just so you know the little scoty we had they left his legs in tact almost like a human in a wheel chair they were there but not felt. The little dog as he became use to dragging himself around on his front legs started to addapt his lower legs fur and skin became thick callas in time gross realy when you looked at it but all the same a strong tough callas that didnt seem to bother him and man would he tare around on it with no problem. I know you will make the right choice cause i know in the past how you have talked about your dog family. You will do whats best just sharing a story in my past cause we didnt have alot of money when i was a kid so we did what we could for him and let nature and his will to survive do the rest. After a while he was just a funny looking dog but you learned to see past his handycap and see he wasnt realy handycaped at all. Good luck hope it all works out for you.

Cheers

Why not look into a wheelchair for the little one. See if its worth the price. Ive seen them in all different sizes.

I had a dog that had a back injury that we didn't know if she was going to recover from (thankfully, she did). However, I had checked in the doggie wheelchairs and would have gotten one for her had she become paralyzed. I am amazed how well dogs adapt to things like this. Most 3 legged dogs I know are as fast and as agile as their 4 legged buddies.

ok everyone update we have looked into dog wheelchairs and even found a site for them if needed! the dog is going home monday. he is perky and the vet wants to see how much his youth and containment can help him heal before we cut anything...I love my vet. So reesey will be coming home tomorrow! might not be the same exact condition as before but we think he will be happy. Thank you all!!

Thats great news 2dog. Glad things have worked out so far.

One of my dogs got hit by a car just before christmas. Luckily she just got knocked across the road without a single thing wrong her.

I found out a couple of years that my vet is one who is more concerned about the animals welfare and doesn`t make it all about money.

How is he doing? Is he back home yet?

he is back home and trying to walk he is lifting his tail. he will be seeing the vet again monday. thanks everyone.

awesome 2dog, so glad to hear he will be ok. man i love this forum, its so nice to see so many supportive ppl. we had one of our dogs get real real sick, the first vet we called said she sounds to sick and not to bring her there, we ended up finding the vet that we still use today, they dont want alotta money, they just wanna make sure ure animal is ok. im a huge animal lover, i catch a lot of haste from friends and family when they hear about the money ive put to vet bills, wich really isnt that much, but they all say aint no animal worth that money, to wich i reply, its not an animal its one of my children!!
once again glad to hear he is gonna make it

Hi 2Dog, I'm relieved that Reesey is doing better. You have a big, generous heart :heart:

NICE :)
Don't cha think DOGS have a LOT to teach us about suffering through obsticles with grace? Wishing Reesey a speedy recovery and a quick adjustment period with the changes.... I hope you'll share a pic of him soon?

Latest posts

Back