Remember me??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curiouscat420

Fat, Hairy and Stinky
Reaction score
remember me?? :confused:

well, i do. ;)

anyway, i have been out of the game for a little while, but i have still been reading and learning.. currently i have a nice big legal (veggie) organic garden outside as it IS the season... i can thank everyone here for my knowledge, so thanks!! you all gave me the bug, made me want to learn WAY more... now people are calling me a horticulturnerd... and i love it..

anyway, i have never lost my roots, and although i do not have the space right this second, i will soon.

i bought some things.

a HUGE air pump - i ran 35 (12 inch) stones at the store before i bought it :holysheep:
20 ft x 4" of white pvc pipe to be cut into 1 foot legths
20 x 4" pvc caps
20 x 4" hydro baskets.
1 x 1000W HPS (cooltubed)

basically this is the idea:

instead of using 15G buckets, i am using pvc pipe that is 4" in diameter and 1 foot tall. each has a cap on the bottom with a tiny little hole for the airhose, which is connected to a 5" vertical airstone.

this will minimize the space as well as increase the air supply to the roots
-------????!!!!---- "but now you must be in your garden every day?" (you say?) === well, i am in my garden everyday anyway... if your not, START!

i am currently building a little unit out of 1" pipe that holds 16 of these 4" pipes vertically and allows all tubing to be hidden within. what is great is that the 16 plants will be in a 4ft x 4ft area. should be a great SOG and a very clean setup... i also plan on adding wheels (even though i may not need them)

cloning is done in a home made auto cloner under some sort of flouro... havent decided yet, probably just a 4 ft dual pair... i am sure 200W will be enough... i dunno, any ideas?

i am also wondering if you have any suggestions on fully organic nutes?? i am a little out of practice as i am dealing with veggies right now...hehe

i will start a journal when the time comes, but i thought i would check in ;)

sounds like a great setup. I cant wait to see it up and going.

Welcome back man!!! I too had been away from the site for a while. It feels good to be back, huh?

YO! welcome back man!
haha i literally posted like 2 days ago, what ever happened
to curious cat? glad your back man

cadlakmike1 said:
Welcome back man!!! I too had been away from the site for a while. It feels good to be back, huh?

Yeah, I havent been around much either. Things seem to have calmed down a little bit around here. There was just so much bickering and argueing going on that I didnt even want to post anymore.

I remember you my friend...now ya got Bug..lets get a growing:lama:

welcome back. its always good to take a step back for a few months after that winter harvest, i did the same.

4 inch pipes, im new to hydro but is that enough room for the roots?

oh yes...... i am limiting the amount of space to allow more plants in a smaller room...

i will have to refill each day probably... thats just good quality control if you ask me :D

THanks everyone!! i am glad to be back... i have learned a lot. i am also a fully organic thinker now... :aok:

sounds interesting please start a journal with that one

Latest posts

Back