reusing organicly fed soil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red eyed gardener

Reaction score
If my soil is totally organic and i feed it with nothing but organic nutes can i reuse it on another grow?:)

Sure, but you may want to boost it up with some added amendments like worm casings or guano etc. I have reused mine.

Yep. I just finished off the last of my soil mix re-cycled 10 times.

As well I'm a future recylcer :D. I just haven't made a full run through with dirt yet :).

I made my organic soil a few years back and still using it.

I just amend it:)

Cool.I now have an alternative to buying a couple of bags of soil every cuple of months.If can learn to get the same fast lush growth with organics as i do with chems im gonna switch over to organics.THANKS!

I flush and then amend. Use mainly for tomaters, herb garden, dahlias love it,

You can't really flush organic soil and there is no reason to. I am reusing my soil also.

Hmmm..was thinking it was blowing some of the bloom organic nutes out.

All you are doing when you "flush" the organic soils is killing off the microbes that you have worked so hard to get right for the plants best growth conditions. IMO your are better off to amend it with the basic organic nutrients(worm castings, compost, blood bone meals etc..) and let the microbes go to work on them . That way the nutrients still left in the soil will be broken down father and those add will be broken making both available in the most usable plant form for when the plant needs it.

Live and learn. :) I flushed my soil before I used organics and just never stopped. Old dogs learn.

so I've been reusing organic soil for a few years now and Ozzie has got it right. It's all about the microbes. I have enough soil that I compost mine and when I reuse it I add some amendments. The ph can shift after 5 or 6 grows and may need some lime. So when I mix a fresh batch, I always check the ph...just to be sure. ;)

Latest posts

Back