RIP Daddy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SmokinMom

My daddy died peacefully around 4 am.

It was a blessing to have him home and I am glad he no longer suffers. But damn....I miss him. I was daddys little girl.

Kind of ironic he died today, Veteran's Day, as well as my husbands birthday.

I will be okay. No need to worry about me. :)

Thanks for letting me share.

Sorry to hear. I went through the same thing about a month ago. It gets better day by day. Were you there with him?

PB:)

sorry to hear about that but im sure hes looking down on you while we speak. my father isnt doin to well either sad both of our bdays are on the 16th of this month hopefully we can have a good bday. I wish you the best smokingmom to you and your family god bless you

OMG...

I just called to get his obit in the paper. Those son of a bitches quoted me $1,503.89 to just run it for 3 days. I told them to shove it up their *** and that I never will support their paper ever again.

Taking advantage of mourning families like that.

FUCKERS!

(Sorry about my foul language, but I can't help it.)

SmokinMom said:
OMG...

I just called to get his obit in the paper. Those son of a bitches quoted me $1,503.89 to just run it for 3 days. I told them to shove it up their *** and that I never will support their paper ever again.

Taking advantage of mourning families like that.

FUCKERS!

(Sorry about my foul language, but I can't help it.)

HUH!?!?!?!?!
My funeral home took care of the obit ma....no extra cost. Was part of the arrangement. But I heard if you try to get an extra large obit or announcement it costs more. Ask your Funeral Home director. There job is to handle all that. Death cert. and things like that as well.
All I had to do was give information and pay the tab. Pick out the way I wanted the funeral and that was it.
Also get to the probate office or call a probate lawyer as soon as you can. I would get a probate lawyer to help you through it. You have to protect the estate. ;)

Mutt said:
HUH!?!?!?!?!
My funeral home took care of the obit ma....no extra cost. Was part of the arrangement. But I heard if you try to get an extra large obit or announcement it costs more. Ask your Funeral Home director. There job is to handle all that. Death cert. and things like that as well.
All I had to do was give information and pay the tab. Pick out the way I wanted the funeral and that was it.
Also get to the probate office or call a probate lawyer as soon as you can. I would get a probate lawyer to help you through it. You have to protect the estate. ;)

Mutt- my daddy didn't want a funeral. He wanted a simple cremation.
I spent the day yesterday smokin, drinkin a little and writing the obit myself. I have some smart friends that helped me with the grammar part of it. So no funeral, no service or memorial, etc.

My stepmom and I are going to make our own memorial cards with his picture and obit and send those to the people who cared about him. And save ourselves about $1400.

My stepmom will keep his ashes, and someday I'm sure they will be mine. We have no idea what he would have wanted to do with those.

(its nice that he wanted it that way. More simple for us, and saves us lots of $$$ as well)

omg i cant believe they charge that much thats awful, them just trying to make buck, assholes, anyway im sorry to here the news, but u know he is no longer suffering, we will all keep smoking for him and he will always b with u.
again ur family is in my thoughts

I had to pay 4K to enture the ashes. That cost more than the cremation and memorial srv.
I hope this goes easier for you ma. Keep up your strength...don't forget to eat something. ;)

Mutt said:
I had to pay 4K to enture the ashes. That cost more than the cremation and memorial srv.
I hope this goes easier for you ma. Keep up your strength...don't forget to eat something. ;)

What's enture? Like a moseleum or something?

Thanks everyone. I have my moments. But he looked so peaceful. His passing is a blessing. But I'll still miss my ol man. :) It's already getting easier.

So sorry to hear about your dad. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family today.

SmokinMom said:
What's enture? Like a moseleum or something?

Yep, Moseleum is cheaper than a plot.
Gonna be hectic for a week, then it will calm down. Hang in there ma. ;)

Mutt said:
Yep, Moseleum is cheaper than a plot.
Gonna be hectic for a week, then it will calm down. Hang in there ma. ;)

And my stepmoms mantle will be even cheaper. :D

(Last night my hubby and I joked that Dad is probably gonna haunt their house and pull pranks on my stepmom. I told her this earlier and she then went to the bathroom only to find a snake on the floor. :p He's already at it. LOL)

Oh Mom I'm so sorry.
Its good that he was at home with the people he loved and that it was a peaceful passing.
You and your family will be in my thoughts.

'Sup Mom :ciao: I am sorry for your loss. Best wishes to you and your family. peace,e :bong2:

sorry for your loss S.Mom. i love your memorial card idea...adds a personal touch.

Smokin I am deeply sorry about your dad. At least now he is in a better place, watching over you and your family. Hang in there Smokin.

Were very sorry about your loss Mom but we know he is in a better place now. Stay strong and were here for ya.

Latest posts

Back