root rot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grass hopper

Reaction score
one of the 2 types of sour diesel plants i am growing, all of them are having browning, drying, fan leaf issues. i believe i have a little root rot from over watering when they were in 5 by 5 pots. this effects mostly this strain but see a touch in a couple others. overall things look good. just fed for first time. now about 6 weeks old. flipped to 12/12 a week ago... is there anything that can be done for this???? thanks!!

sales guy at the grostore said that anything with the name "zyme" in it will help. must use throughout life of plant effected. sold me hygrozym. plants looking better since first regular feed. may try hygrozym if problem returns..

I use hygrozyme and I like it. It is good to use because it does 2 things: It breaks down any raw materials that are in the system, and it binds up salts and other non-usefull elements in the system. I love it in hydro because it drags the toxicity elements out of the medium and solution. I find a small amount of "mud" in the bottoms of my totes at the end of each run.
Depending on your grow method you can use it periodically or regularly. In my hydro system, I use it with every water change or if I top up with nute solution.

If the plants got better after using it, you may have had a little toxicity in your medium from unused elements. If that is the case, the zyme bound up those elements so they wouldn't be able to affect the plants.

you can also feed it with super oxygenated water that might only be good in hydro though not sure

the problem got mostly better after first feed with no hygrozym. thay had not been fed yet and first feed always seems to help with issues. i do believe i had, have some root rot. mostly with just one strain. i like what i hear on hygrozym and gonna feed it through the grow. thanks for imput:)

Latest posts

Back