Rosebud does Mandala seeds.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Rosie. LOL, a deep breath of Jack Herer sounds good right about now. Hang in there. I can't tell yet either, but the one they were talking about does look like it may have a tiny preflower. GREEN MOJO coming your way!!

Thanks Powerplanter. Good to see you. I keep telling myself, that I can do this. I just thought they would have shown themselves by now.

Yes. the several deep breaths of Jack did help. I think I better do that again. Thank you so much for the green MOJO. I need it.

i looked at your picture and I think I can see 1 stigma, there should be two, but i figure its hideing, i agree with the high one, female.

Good morning, it is a new day, thank goodness. I topped one of the calichakra today. She was getting to tall for the closet. I cloned a plant i have no idea if she was male or female, but i have it labeled so if it turns out male, i will toss it.
I can't believe the size of the stems of these Mandala seeds. I have always cloned with thin stems. I wonder if these monsters will clone?
Mr rb and I really went over all the babies. I don't think they have shown yet still. Do the balls always grow under the leave as opposed to the internode?
Thanks peeps.

You can sex your plants quick by taking that clone and putting it in 12/12, should show sex pretty quick. I think the guys here do that pretty often.

I am pretty sure the first little nanner for a male grows at the same place as the calix does, right between the stem leaf joint, or node. Then the flower develops and hangs down a few more of the nanners. The nanners also have a ridge on them, and the calix does not (it has the point and pistel), smooth for female, ridge on male (the ridge is where the male flower opens, kinda looks like what a lily petals will look like as it develops into a bud).

You say you have not checked the other strain you started from seed? You might want to do that, for fun, no stress here. This one we are looking at is a bit late, maybe the other strain is more on time? I remember seeing sex between four and five weeks or forth to fifth node.

It is a beautiful sun shiny day here, hope you are getting sun too.

tcbud said:
You can sex your plants quick by taking that clone and putting it in 12/12, should show sex pretty quick. I think the guys here do that pretty often.

:yeahthat: this works well for me and saves transplanting males.

tcbud said:

I am pretty sure the first little nanner for a male grows at the same place as the calix does, right between the stem leaf joint, or node. Then the flower develops and hangs down a few more of the nanners. The nanners also have a ridge on them, and the calix does not (it has the point and pistel), smooth for female, ridge on male (the ridge is where the male flower opens, kinda looks like what a lily petals will look like as it develops into a bud).

You say you have not checked the other strain you started from seed? You might want to do that, for fun, no stress here. This one we are looking at is a bit late, maybe the other strain is more on time? I remember seeing sex between four and five weeks or forth to fifth node.

It is a beautiful sun shiny day here, hope you are getting sun too.

Thank you so much TC. If I do the 12 hour do I then put the plant through a reveg after I find out what it is?

The sun is shining here too. Enjoy your day my friend. sorry i can't take pictures and my plants have a gender disorder.;~)

lordhighlama said:
:yeahthat: this works well for me and saves transplanting males.
Same question as TC Lama! How long does it take then do you reveg?

usually I'll top my plants early on, take that top stick it in a root cube and throw it in the flower tent, leaving the host plant in veg. If you want you can reveg the clone, which will rebound fairly quickly, or toss the clone. It's really just a matter of preference.

I don't have as big of a problem tossing cuttings as some do tho. :) There are always plenty more where it came from.

so lama, if you do that with the clone, without roots, how long does it take to show sex?

a good healthy top will usually show within a week or two.

Rose wanted the answer to be 12 hours Lama.....

LOL, yes, 5 minutes actually.
No, I just figured in another week they would have to be showing on their own. Wondered why to stress them. But, if you guys agree, I will do it.

if you are going to top them anyway it wont hurt anything, thats for sure.

Thank you Lama. Is your place all finished and looking beautiful? I bet it is. I know you will enjoy that new space.

no problem rose... I wish the place was finished. But yes I will enjoy when all done.

Latest posts

Back