Rosebud grows outside '13

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking nice Rose:)

Nice sunflower too:) I plant them to watch them little yellow birds sit upside down and eat the kernels.

Do you have canary's or gold finches where you are? We have the orange headed house finches and some gold finches once in a while..so pretty.

Thanks Duck for coming by.

Rose I think they are Gold Finches

all my corn and sunflowers were planted near a fence squirls and bunnies made short work of them as soon as there was corn and flowers :(

Irish, what a treat to see you. Thank you.

Here is an update. The middle picture is pink moma, can you see the weird color she is sporting lately...almost a muted dusty green. I have no idea what that color means. I haven't seen it before.
DSCF2019.JPG DSCF2020.JPG DSCF2021.JPG

I don't think it is a bad color Rose.......... very nice plants....... 3 of my 4 hashberries at 5 weeks from seed are showing female sex. I was geting ready to repot them when I notice the white female hairs.

:48:

beautiful my tent looks like the plant to the rear right of pink moma compared to these trees :)

I hope your plants don't look like the dead arborvitae NE. I really hope not.

G13, that is awesome. I really liked growing the hashberry, just no fuss. nice girl ratio, congrats.

no not that bad ;)

any or all start to show sex?

All I know is that come harvest time, I say we all go to Rose's for a party.

she needs more N rosebud. she is a nute hog. i can't do her no wrong outdoors. i think the arborvitae is ready to harvest.:rolleyes:

those are gonna need stakes very soon. best to be prepared. ;) peace...

Irish, really even in the super soil...ok, i will nute her tomorrow.
Stakes? really? what kind and where do they go, just in the ground beside the plant? Or all around the plant? Help a girl out..please. Thanks for your advice Irish. I really like the pink moma.

We had a huge wind, at least 70mph come up real fast last night. I saw satori almost bending in half...I could barely watch...they are all fine.. The had been topped a lot these plants. So maybe more smaller colas.

NE guy, they are all females out there now. I am going to try my had at making some satori seeds in the house. YIKES. There is nothing in my house right now but it still scares me to death.

Thanks for stopping by ya'll. Yes Mel, big harvest party...be here.

i want to do that to! :p
mine are in hydro smart posts and doing amazing, waiting for a rental inspection before running new duct and 2nd tent nn heart attacks on inspection ;)

also to help with stability i read u can cut open tomato cages to wrap around the plants ( i did it works good like 3$ ea)

NE, that would have to be one BIIIIGGGG tomato cage...No such critter.

well u can spread em open use like 3 of em ;)

OH, I see, thanks, sorry i am a little slow, that could maybe do it, but these plants are mostly 6 foot tall. Thanks tho NE.

Well done Rose. Those are monsters for sure. Beautiful plants! :)

I meant plant stakes to stabilize them. capeeche? ;) would hate to see them snapped from winds. I know, i'm just a ton of fun. :rolleyes: I've grown a few pm's, both in and out, and I couldn't give them too much N rose...

how bout some more pics? love watching y'all work...:D