Rosebud's closet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PJ , what makes a led fixture a good fixture and what are the right/wrong conditions that cause bleeching?

Bad conditions would be several things like low RH, excessive wind movement, heat, lights too close. All will help contribute.

A good light meaning one that has a strong spectrum good power that will out produce HID lighting. There are a few of these around and all will bleach plants making the tops buds look like snow. Most of these lights from the distributor are reommended to be close to 2 feet over a plant.

If a light is not bleaching at 12" and closer, good chance it's not going to get the job done on the rest of the plant either.

These lower powered lights will for sure still grow plants, but just won't cut the mustard when it comes to yield.

Can you name the brands that you are talking about? I am curious.

Can you name the brands that you are talking about? I am curious.

Nope, this is Roses thread and not gonna get in to brands. Just know that if you have a fixture that is said to have 300 watts, you plug it in and check and it says 150 watts usage, you got issues.

I use of of these:
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/P3-P4400-Electricity-Usage-Monitor/dp/B00009MDBU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400860167&sr=8-1&keywords=wattage+meter[/ame]

You can post it in one of my threads, no problem. I want to know the names so I can compare specs .

Pj, you are always welcome to post anything at all in my threads, I need to know too. I like led's and want the best i can afford.

I don't believe for one second the light has anything to do with the hermie...no way. The light was never closer then 14-16 inches on this short little girl.

Thank you guys for caring, it really helps.

This post was from the end of 2013. Take it for what it's worth.

1. LED Grow Lights - 189X-PRO LED Grow Light
The Pro X series has been a top contender for the last couple years. (i think it usedto be called the Penetrator X) and i have seen them in action (thanks endive
smile.png
) They have astounding PAR and have the ability to grow lovely, dense flowers flooded with crystals. The only drawback is the price is steep (as with most quality LEDs) but i would need either one of these or two of the next size down to accomidate my space. Still a beautiful light and the company seems very helpful in dealing with customer's needs.

2. California Lightworks Products : SolarStorm
The Solatstorm is IMO the "king" of LED lighting. Why? Because it uses 5W chipsets. Most great LEDs use 3W chipsets but this one uses 5W. Also, the heat sinks, overall design and addition of UVB t5 lighting make this beast quite LED. California Light Works really raised the bar with this unit. Ive only seen one userwho uses these LEDs but he swears by them and their company and i trust "the dude" (his name i cant remember how to spell so just going off of AVI). The only drawback i can think of is that its a little taller than most units in its class which really isnt a horrific drawback at all unless you have a very limited amount of space. This light is just such a tank amd seems very well built and engineered from the inside out.

3. Magnum Plus2
The 357 Magnum Plus 2 is a new concept from the makers of the 357 Mag series. This light seems pretty cool, similar to the Pro X except it has differemt lenses in the middle of each site. They dub this fisheye lense the "Flower Eye". We all know angle plays an important role in dispersing light to our babies amd the new lense may be more than just a gimmick. The only drawback for me is that i cant seem to find anyone who owns one of these units so its hard to get a real perspective on this light.

4. https://www.advanced...l-10w-cree-xml/
Advanced LEDs are another leading competitor in LED lighting technology. Their new XML series boast 10W LEDs (holy crap!) big thanks to FickySiskers for this wonderful suggestion
smile.png
these lights seem to be top notch quality and just look at the size of those 10w CREE chipsets!!! The output and overall value of these light make them a true gem of the LED industry.

Do those cree 10watt leds run at 10w a pop or is it an overrating like an amplifier.

What they call "Rms" and "peak" are dif.

bought a fixture claiming 3 w leds...they were running at 1 watt. Lol

ive had a few leds, cree, ufo and one I built.

Cree does make awesome chips tho...

Not knocking just asking.

Thank you PJ, those are the pricey ones, way out of my price range.

The XM L Cree are rated for 10 watts max., but they are limited in their color choices, I think just white.

• Maximum Drive current: 3000 mA(10w)
• Maximum LM: 1100LM at 3000 mA

• Typical LM: 300LM at 700 mA

• Voltage: 3.2-3.7V

• Low thermal resistance: 2.5°C/W

TOA, LED's that are going to last use for an example 300 watts worth of LED's and then hit them with around half the power or somewhere there about's to drive them at say 150 to 200 or so watts.

Others use 300 watts and drive them to full capacity at which point they blow and are done in 6 months.

The whole watts thing however is really mute cause it's not watts we are looking for, and more the PAR they are giving off that is important.

Most companies will list this on their product info, so you just need to pay close attention to those details. If that info is not shown, it's false advertising when they claim 300 watts and it's actually 150 total watts usage.

Hope that helps, and yes Cree only makes a color or two which is also a bit misleading to the consumer.

Unfortunately there is a still a metric crap ton of bad info out there, or at the very least misleading info for people not in the know.

If you guys had a seeded grow and you had between 5 days and 2 weeks for the plants to finish, would you finish them? Or would you take them now figuring they wouldn't get any more mature as they are making seeds now?

Your thoughts please?

Par goes the same way with reef tanks...its not the wattage but the par.

spectrum plays the biggest role. Something that hps makers cant rival.

led has been on the turn for a while. I still find diy is better than an "all in one" I use leds to supplement and they works awesome.

ive never doubted the tech...only the pratical manufacturing techniques of the era due to inexpierence and lack of r&d.

If you guys had a seeded grow and you had between 5 days and 2 weeks for the plants to finish, would you finish them? Or would you take them now figuring they wouldn't get any more mature as they are making seeds now?

Your thoughts please?

Many of my crops hermied (some perfectly LOL) and I always waited for them to turn 10% amber. They matured long before they started to die.

Your thoughts please?

let em go i say..
no hermies left, right? (that are known ;) ) ..though guess it doesn't really matter at this point :(

i don't know why you think they'll stop maturing with seeds though?
they will finish, they'll just be seeded.

seeded bud Vs seeded pre-mature bud. i think you know your answer.
if it's really bad, atleast can make some quality hash and nobody will ever know it was hermies and seeded.

Man that poem surly made my day around thanksgiving i was homeless and my sister took me in for a bible study which i will never forget anyway our electric went out for 4 days and i was helpless we were freezing and they had 3 dogs the first time i ever got close to mutes all they do is give love and eat lol anyway i became close to those dogs the first time in my life im a cat man they taught me so much its unbelevable and the invictas are bomb show are fine i hope to acheive that sometime soon i been reading everything i can get my hands on but im worried about the mic grow any thoughts????? Thank you for the dog story it made my day poet,have a good day everyone im retirered and going over to my familys house today i no im going to be in a graet mood now later i cant fiquire this sofeware out??????? help???????

Man that poem surly made my day around thanksgiving i was homeless and my sister took me in for a bible study which i will never forget anyway our electric went out for 4 days and i was helpless we were freezing and they had 3 dogs the first time i ever got close to mutes all they do is give love and eat lol anyway i became close to those dogs the first time in my life im a cat man they taught me so much its unbelevable and the invictas are bomb show are fine i hope to acheive that sometime soon i been reading everything i can get my hands on but im worried about the mic grow any thoughts????? Thank you for the dog story it made my day poet,have a good day everyone im retirered and going over to my familys house today i no im going to be in a graet mood now later i cant fiquire this sofeware out??????? help???????

Huuuuh? :confused: :vap_smiley:

Don't know what that was all about....

So.... the shed is all seeded but i am going to finish them anyway. Thank you Kaotik. It is really depressing out there. Pollen all over....blah blah blah.

But thanks to a friend I have new genetics in the closet.... A new Jack H that is supposed to be wonderful... A cookies, a NORTHERN LIGHTS, which i have wanted for a year!...and more...

I broke my camera...so it may be a bit till i can post pics.

Thanks for hanging with me peeps. This hermi stuff can make a nice woman a grouch!

know that depressing room feeling :( mine is all me though, not genetics.. makes it even worse ;)
yielding half my normal.. and can't get a handle on what's wrong.. soo looking forward to the OD (though i know i'll likely turn that to a crapfest too :( )

best of luck with the new additions though, and i hope the smoke of these makes it not a complete downer.
the herer should hopefully be a good un (had great, and mediocre's) ..it's a parent of the apollo lines that i love so dearly ;)
the other freedoms are staying female and will be good for you still though, right? (i did lightly pollinate my good meds and could possibly share, if not ;) ..don't want to promise anything though, they're still developing :eek: *be a crapshoot though)

lol damn stoners..
there was a poem on page 1 he was referencing (i thought it was well done and stuck out to me, so i knew what he meant ;) )

Rosebud and Robertr,

Thank you for the nice complement about my Poem.
I just woke up, built a fire in the wood stove and came in here; read the poem again and my eyes are so full of tears that I can't even see. My best friend from 1959 {the fourth grade} came to Barry's funeral and had to read the Poem as I couldn't speak. That was 25 years ago.
He was a real good dog, he was my friend.

Here is the full Poem and a picture of old Barrydog and a picture of Cotton Joe and Sue may too.
There are three URL'S the top one doesn't work but the bottom two work.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana]Storys 'a piece of my Heart'[/FONT]
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
image22.jpg.w300h222.jpg
017_17.jpg.w560h325.jpg
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana]

Barry Dog Wherever You Are
Written by the Poet

Barry dog wherever you are
No mother father or friend
Ever loved me as much as you did
My hunting partner and true friend

So sleep the long sleep partner
Your body got weak and old
But your memory will live forever
Your story told and retold

The campfires will be lonely
The hunt won't be the same
Your every effort was for me Barry
So thanks I'll remember your name

You taught me the joy of the chase
The beauty of the earth day and night
But now your spirit has left you
And the worlds not the same tonight

Barry it was because of you
I got my first two hounds
A dog trained as good as you
Can show these pups the rounds

You taught them how to grab a coon
And how to shake his neck just so
The pups stood by watching
And now fighting coon they know

You taught them how to catch squirrels
I didn't need a gun
But just a stick so I could knock them down
So you could catch them on the run

I remember when we were both younger
We thought like this we'll always be
We thought we'd live forever
And never find that final tree

We thought we'd move to the mountains someday
And live up there for free
a-huntin and a-loafing
The pups, you Barry and me

But you never saw those mountains
And the pups may never too
Unless I make this promise
And make it Barry to you

I'll build a pack of hound dogs
We'll go to the mountains too
And when a lion or a bear were running
Barry dog we'll be running that critter for you

Our love for each other was unbounded
Your all to me you gave
I thought that now you'd be sleeping
But not with snow upon your grave

Barry you were too old and sick
To go out hunting the night
Cotton Joe and Sue May treed
Three separate coon on a very windy night

You lived for only two days
After Joe and Sue Mays great night
I wish you could have been there
But you missed it your health wasn't right

When you had to stay at home that night
I know you understood
That you were much to weak and sick
To go hunting in the woods

The younger dogs can stand it
But your too valuable a friend
To take out in the damp cold night
And expose you to the wind

Better stay home tonight, I told you
Better a house dog than dead
But I'll never forget the look you gave
When I sent you into bed

The younger dogs are all loaded
And a hunting we will go
My oldest friend is coming
And I've promised him a show

So Barry you stay home tonight
Your too sick and you'll be slow
We'll take you with us next time
You'll get better now I've got to go

But old Barry dogs dead now
Those words I never thought I'd say
He missed his crowning achievement
The pups he trained with three coon at bay

For two days later he left me
I let him out to pee
At 1:30 in the morning
And he never came back to me

We found him the next day at sunset
He had died two hours before
He looked like he was sleeping
Barry we won't go huntin no more

Barry spent his last day alone there
On the hill watching the sun set
He didn't want us to see him suffer
He's a dog I'll not soon forget

Barry your life has ended
Tomorrow I'll put you in the clay
I'll say a few words over you
And then I'll walk away

Barry rest in peace old partner
There's nothing more I can do
Your gone and your gone forever
And I wish I were going with you

As I sit here by my wood stove
I ate a little and I'm warm
But Barrys laying outside
The cold can't hurt him no more

His place by the fire is empty
And the silence is like a storm
So here's to you old Barry dog
And here's to you once more

Thank you
'Knife' himself

[/FONT]​

Thank you

The Poet

rosebud those plants are fantastic i hope to lear your wisdom someday your a kind generous person thanks again you remind me of my grandma she is my heart and soul shes gone now but she gave me my half *** green thumb,but that waws a good thing she taught me so much about life,her last words were i love you lucky thats my nickname i hope i did not bum you out your buds are a materpeice thanks for the email now i got to find your words??????????????? later green rosebud

Latest posts

Back