Rosebud's closet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rosebud , I have seen many led grows with plants right up against the light and no bleaching. Maybe it is strain dependent or maybe once the plants get use to the light they are more able to take the higher intensity of light.

Thank you Kaotik. i will calm down now.... Boy was i ticked. Thanks for your calming way.

MRI, really?, interesting. I thought they would bleach and they sure haven't. It made me wonder if my lights were weak, but Pj tested his like mine, so maybe it is strain dependent. Thank you.

I have seen it with my light to and it has a few watts more than yours. The light intencity of my 430 watt hps is about equal to my led light at 12 '' away . The hps has the edge by a hair.

I like my led light Rosebud, I grew The Purps under hps last grow, I have another the Purps under the led this time around with my Satori's. The plant looks very close to the other plant so I will be comparing the two. I must say tho , I think they look frostier under the led.

I have more bad news, i am smoking a top bud of satori this morning that i only took a couple of weeks ago... it is seeded! I got FIVE seeds out of a small bud of satori.

I am going to go do something drastic.... i wish i threw plates or something... It would be helpful to be able to swear a streak right now.

Sorry about that Rosebud, I hope it is still good.

:(
well i guess that rules out the high heat day, it obviously turned a while a go.

damn.

not much to say/do at this point :(
i really hope it was just the one, but i'd be scouring over the rest of the the freedom's to be sure. *i'd check everything else too, to be sure room conditions aren't off as it's still a fairly new setup.

I have more bad news, i am smoking a top bud of satori this morning that i only took a couple of weeks ago... it is seeded! I got FIVE seeds out of a small bud of satori.

Yours did not hermie perfectly like mine. :rofl:

So far, I smoked 2 of the main colas from my hermie crop and only found about 5 seeds in all of it. 5 seeds out of 2 ounces of pot is "perfectly hermied" :rofl:

Thanks JAam.... not stable genetics huh. Thank you for coming by.

Hackerman, sorry for your hermi..... it really sucks. Not sure what to do out in the shed now.

Rosie Anything that breeders rush to market I would not consider stable.... Plus most "new" strains are some sort of hybrid crossed to another hybrid making them a total cluster ____....

Ive been running strictly clones for bout a year and a half but I need to run thru some gear and find some new gems.... Ive got a pack of testers from GageGreen im gonna throw in so ill def keep a close eye on them... Hope the rest of the FB behave for ya...

Well, thank you for the empathy. I am pretty mad about the whole thing. All my shed is seeded. My satori is seeded with green not viable seeds. I won't go all dramatic, but sheesh, you work on plants for 4 months and to have an end like this is so disappointing.
I guess at this point I will let the pot finish and see if it is any good. I don't think i want the clones from this grow. Green gage genetics said they weren't all going to be high cbd,but they didn't say they would hermi with out any stress.

So, luckily i have some great new genetics in the closet, but it is going to take some doing to de-pollinate the shed.... holy crap, i can't ever imagine how we will do that as there is so much stuff in there behind the curtains....

Thanks again for listening.

:48: Ugh... that stinks Rosie... Only bad part of letting them finish is that it will make cleanup that much tougher... was just 1 a herm? or multiple?

I sent General a pm this morning for ya to check on the status there so I will keep ya posted...

Bless your hear Jaam, No, there were internal nanners and about 10 external TINY nanners.

What should I do? They were scheduled to come this week and next. I have company and a painter here so i can't do anything till evening. Nice big frost nugs, full of seeds!

If ya only have a week or so left let them finish... Frosty nugs with seeds are better then no nugs... If your to pot snobbish to smoke bud with beans then make hash or oil or something... but don't just toss them out Rosie...

Seeded pot makes just as good of a hash as sensi.

If the seeds bother you that much for smoking then..... into the bubble hash bucket.

I have always (as most of us have) made bubble from the leaves and skiff from my harvest but I never used the entire harvest, buds and all. I'll bet that would make one giant stash of hash.

Every dark cloud...

Rosebud, I know how you are feeling. That darned Blue Thai that turned out to be a male gave me seeds in the NL and GSC x Larry OG (love this smoke by the way). I don't trust those seeds because the Blue Tahi was supposed to be a fem, so I am just thinking unstable genetics and will not mess with the seeds.

I would also let them finish as they are close. It shouldn't be any harder to clean the room if they keep going--it needs a thorough cleaning out regardless. I really don't think it was anything you did--I just think the strain was not stable enough. Sucks doesn't it?

LOL--I am not pot snobby and neither are my friends. I just say something like this bud has some seeds in it. They say what happened? And I say my guy (that's the term I used when talking about where I get my bud) left a male in the room too long? Wow, too bad, Hey this tastes great!

Just a bummer that you don't have the high CBD plants you wanted.

Rosebud , I have seen many led grows with plants right up against the light and no bleaching. Maybe it is strain dependent or maybe once the plants get use to the light they are more able to take the higher intensity of light.

I have seen some strains do better than others when it comes to bleaching under LED's. That said a good LED fixture will bleach every strain every plant in a matter of days in the right/wrong conditions.

There is no getting used to the intensity. Some can take it, most won't.

As for the LED causing hermies, can't say for sure that it was not a contributing factor, however when I made the change from HID to LED I had 38 strains going at the time, and had Zero throw any nanners.

I have worked with several Larry's and several Larry crosses. Many of them have thrown late nanners, and many have not, but it is in the genes for sure.

No worries, pretty sure you'll be working the next biggest thing very soon and you'll forget all about that plant with nanners.

Easy come easy go.

Stay up sistah!

Latest posts

Back