Rotting stem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terky

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a few plants that seem to be rotting right at the soil line. Its not all of them 4 out of 30. I am thinking I may not have transplanted them at the correct elevation. The plants affected are runts. The others seem fine.

I am going to add some H2O2 to the system to sterilize.

I was thinking that maybe I should ad some hydro-ton to make them deeper in the medium.

I also had the system flooding every 2 hours for 30 minutes. Maybe too much water. I turned It down to every 3 hours. Should I turn it to every 4 hours?

Thanks guys and gals.

I'm not a hydro guy but it sounds to me like you are watering to much

You are using soil in a flood and drain?

I had that happen to a few of mine and it was from watering to much. The rapid rooter plugs I used to start with hold moisture a lot longer then the rockwool. The rockwool would feel dry but the plugs were still wet.

No soil. I got the clones in soil and transplanted them into the hydroton buckets.

I suspected I was watering too much. I ran it on that schedule before without problems. Still putting experience under my belt.

MJ is just to hard to grow by schedule you have to watch the plants and give them the attention they want.

Latest posts

Back