Rough Situation... Need Help ASAP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smot_poker

Marijuana Monster
Reaction score
Sooooo... I haven't failed a test for weed in about 2 months now, and i am getting them on average twice a week. I'm happy about that, it takes a lot of stress out of my life.

But now here's the crappy part. My mom brought over some bagels, cream cheese and locks (salmon for those who don't know) for me to enjoy, and i immediately told her that i couldn't eat it because the bagels were poppy seed. We got into a huge argument about how poppy seeds would or wouldn't (according to her... i knew that they were capable of failing you) bring about a false positive.

WELL NOW. I just received a pleasant little phone call from my P.O. telling my that i tested positive. At first i thought, oh dear god no, i failed for weed. But no!!!! I failed for opiates. I have never touched an opiate or a benzo in my life, much less set foot near a heroin needle. I have a meeting with her tomorrow... I already asked whether she could send it back to the lab for further examination so they could confirm my notion that it is a false positive, but she said that the lab checks once and then confirms it before sending back the results.*****mod edit*** The point is, i'm the guy who will tell everybody in my group that weed, edit and alcohol are all that anybody should be doing in their lives, and two of those should be in moderation. Now i have a failed UA for the substances that causes the destruction of men's sanity and structure, when at the same time i have never ingested the substances in my life.

Does anyone have any idea of what I should do? I am going crazy over this. It is a blemish on the record of UA's i have made flawless in the past months, and it could be enough to get me into jail.

I NEED SOME IDEAS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hairpull:

Well the first thing I would do if I were you is try to figure out how you failed for opiates, I assure you it wasn't from eating a few poppy seed bagels. You would literally have to eat dozens upon dozens of bagels before the test to fail. This has been tested many times by many people, and there is just not enough of a concentration of poppy seeds to fail a drug test. Maybe someone slipped you something, it's not for me to speculate. Opiates only stay in your system for a few days, as far as the failed test, not much you can do now....

And by the way, this forum is for the discussion of Marijuana only.
4. The discussion of illegal drugs other than Marijuana is not allowed in any form whatever. This site is for the discussion of Marijuana. Other sites are available for other topics. If you wish to discuss other drugs, then please do so at another site.

check out the site rules,---> http://www.marijuanapassion.com/Site_Rules.html and good luck with your situation.

If you KNOW you havnt touched anything, ask for another test.

There has to be a mix up somewhere.

I thought MJ pee tests only tested for MJ.

Do they check for everything else at the same time?

:confused:

:peace:

hey he said he didn't do any of it.
I would call your attorney...stick by your guns that it is wrong.
I took the liberty of edditing out anything that might give some of our younger crowd any bad ideas. but left the jist of it.
Quite a few things can give a false positive on opiates.I would contact an attorney ASAP.

my bad man. my bad, im just really freaking out right now about this. god this is horrible.

they check for pretty much everything. this is probation. they use lab tests and it is very thorough. i really, really am hoping that the lab confirms that it is a false positive. i really just want to leave this incident behind and never touch a poppyseed bagel or anything poppyseed until i get off probation.

i don't have an attorney, but i will definitely find one to consult. i have seen that there have been court cases where people have been fired or been refused a job, and sometimes have even won money from the whole ordeal if they prove it was the work of poppyseeds. i don't want any of that though, i just want to keep my freedom...

Talk to a lawyer and get tested again.

Good luck man! I dont have any help just wanted to say I feel for ya.

lol well i kind of ate a poppyseed bagel on monday as well. i am going to get tested tomorrow, but i'm gonna work out a bunch today and try to sweat a lot.

god this is such bull. all this trouble over some poppyseeds.

thanks for the help you guys. if it comes down to it, i will have my mom testify for me.

drug testing is totally ghey....i'm supposed to be taking them but i'm smarter than they are..lolol...i have'nt taken the first test yet!..how much time will you do if you cant resolve this issue with your P.O ???

sorry for the delayed response, i haven't really checked back here. i spoke to the lab and they said if it was poppyseeds it would show up as morphine, so all i'm really waiting on now is for the secondary in depth results to come back. the funny thing was, i went in to see my PO and we are on really good terms, and she was saying that if i say i didn't do any opiates then she believes me. then we got into talking about healthcare and she ended up admitting she supports marijuana legalization. lol it was a pretty fun chat actually, and i'm hoping the results will be back tomorrow so i can put this ordeal behind me.

i would probably have gotten like 10 days, but i would not have liked to have that go on my record. i've made a name for myself among my friends as the smart guy, and that charge would taint my reputation...

Kind of a side note but wanting to give some limited info on false positive testing.

The problem is when they do "drug" testing they are not looking for the "drug" in question. What they are looking for is the metabolites that your body produces when certain substances are introduced into the body and metabolized (processed). Example: Ibuprofen causes the same metabolites to be produced as THC though levels and amounts of metabolites will vary they both show up on a "drug" test as the same thing.

So in essence a false positive isn't exactly false. They did find what they were looking for but it wasn't a drug that they found.

[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']"Drug" testing itself is the real fallacy. [/FONT]

I am friends with a parole officeer and he tells me things while we drink.

If they wanna be a **** about it, they can "not tell you" then all of a sudden you failed 4 pee tests and are going back to prison lol

he's a military parole officer, so things are different,,,, I dont know how "urban" parole officers work....

good luck! dont be worried if you havent done anything wrong

destroyer

Latest posts

Back