Sativa or Indica for more weight?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Getmelifted

Reaction score
Is it Sativa that gets bigger and usually produces more weight?

I just googled this a couple hours earlier and per the web, Sativa is much taller.

HI,

It's not so easy to just say which 'produces more weight.' Sativas grow taller and more lanky with a typically thinner stem structure and during flowering the bud sites are more sparse and spread throughout the plant. Indicas tend to grow more compact and squat in the shape of a christmas tree. If you're growing outdoors a sativa dominant strain can get 15-20' tall while indicas will typically get to be around 4-6' tall. Indicas have much more dense buds that often grow together to form 'colas' on the branch tips. Sativa's tend to grow less dense budding although large, lighter bud masses are common with many sativa strains.

Indoors, sativa dominant strains are often more difficult to control in your garden space. Indica dominant plants tend to double in size during flowering and with the dense, low growth it's easier to keep the lights closer to more developing buds than it is a tall lanky sativa variety. Sativa strains can easily triple in height and they will often continue adding new growth all the while adding flowers while the older flowers on the plant ripen. Most indicas will flower to maturity in 8-10 weeks of 12/12. Sativa strains can take 10-16+ weeks for most of the buds to be mature. It can be more difficult to grow sativas indoors but the quality of buzz from the bud is well worth the effort. Many people use training techniques like LST and SCROG to control the height and to keep an even budding profile so their light can reach more developing buds on the plant than it would if they let it stretch out and grow naturally.

Happy Growing!:cool:

:yeahthat: i too had a lst'd sativa i greew 12/12 from seed wit actually only week of veg once sprouted if that. then into 12/12 and it still stretched total height of 16 inches but i coiled her up a bamboo stick like an accordion(teh mainstem) tiein it off at each bend on the stick.
makin her total height from top of pot was only a mere 10 inches and all her buds were close together and formed pretty much one wad of buds in one bunch LOL.
its my frog that was in biggest plant of the year contest LOL but i copped ehr an reveggin her for clones now :hubba: gona really try gettina grip on sativas finally a lil at a time ehre :)
good luck f ya go sativa on ya grow

Hey dirty,

My OG kush is a pure indica. Now I am not sure if its just genetics but this specific OG grows really lanky with dense thick buds that never seem to connect to make a huge cola.

My BubbaKush is a hybrid. I bred it. I used the same pollen to breed it again and got a few more seeds. I still have some learning to do on breeding before I go farther with these seeds. Back on topic. This hybrid is definitely not a pure indica but it grows these PERFECT christmas trees. And Oz. cola tops!

I am not disagreeing, I have read the same and was under the same impression. Until These last two grows i believed that indicas grow small and more symmetrical but I am finding this is not always the case ...these OG's will get 15 feet if i keep LST'n em. I am subsequently re-growing in the same order same style and trying to do some experiments. I will post up a full report on what I find. :)

HI OGKush...

Thanks for the input... That's what makes this such a special plant... SO many variations and each takes a few grows to learn how the best way to manage the strain in your garden.

Peace!:cool:

so far my indicas seem to be producing more buds and more weight. They are so dense they have more branches to grow them..

Getmelifted said:
Is it Sativa that gets bigger and usually produces more weight?

Mostly Sativa strains are known for being tall, almost gangly, buds interspersed along growth, usually with a uplifting head 'high' smoke.
A daytime stone if you will. Talkative, funny, interactive social feel.
Good for listening to tunes, screwing, get the idea? ;)

Mostly Indica strains are shorter, bushier, with more compact (denser)budding. The flowering colas are larger and heavier, normally.
Smoke is generally more 'body stone', sleepy time, couch-potato type hit. AKA: Bedtime sleep aid, pain-relief, all messed up like a sock monkey, ain't goin nowhere kinda feel.

Two completely different types of 'medication'.
Thats why there are hybrid strains! Best of both smokes...

Latest posts

Back