Scrog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can I rent you? You are the most awesomest grower! I assume mostly men grow. And you, being a woman makes it even better for gals like me to appreciate your knowledge even more. I mean I look at your stuff and it blows me away ;)

Thanks, I didn't realize until now that you were a FEMALE GROWER!.

I have been doing this for a long time. Trust me, if you do this for as long as I have, you will have plants justy as dank or danker.

LOL--yes, you can "rent me". I am here virtually everyday and my growing advise is "dirt cheap".

old but....

love this!!! def will try it once.. or more :) pry try soil AND hydro this way.

Hi all,

I was inspired by THG to finally try SCROG. My only issue is that I have separate veg and flower rooms so I put the screen down on the 12/12 plants.

They are indica and 1 week into 12/12.. they haven't started to stretch yet and I'm hoping I'm not too late with the screen.

If I have this right, I am fanning out the branches so that everything gets equal light. As the branches grow up and through the screen, I push them back under and spread them out.. "field not forest"

sound right?

Wow, long time no see. Welcome back cmd.

Yeah, that is pretty much the way I do it.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Wow, long time no see. Welcome back cmd.

Yeah, that is pretty much the way I do it.

Thanks.. This will always be where I go for expert advice.. and I was hoping you would respond..

I'm going to throw up some pics and start a journal this evening so I can really get a good sense of how this grows out over time and I think a good pic journal will be helpful..

Thanks again THG

The Hemp Goddess said:
Actually, I didn't word that very well. The screen is attached to the PVC framing that is attached to the lid of the reservoir. The PVC goes through the lid and has "legs" so that the whole assembly can stand by itself. If I lift the lid of the reservoir, I am picking up the lid, the screen, and the plants all in one.

:ciao: Aloha HG~

I know this is an old thread but I am interested in this whole scrog thing. I am currently following a GJ that is doing this on a massive scale and it just looks crazy-cool too.

HG... ur a genius.

ok, now back to the journal...

This thread is not that old. 2006 is the year I joined. You don't really understand what? Can I help clear anything up?

Naw, Im ok...Im a grower on my own terms...Theres new terminolgy out there I dont understand....Sheesh...until about 4 months ago I never saw buds that look like Those things on cedar trees!!! My pots always been everything from a plant thats smokeable and stripped down to little stuff!..Its always been good too! Times have changed!..I mean,..."Grams"???....Used to be 4 finger lids for 10 bux for me!( for those that dont know, that means a sanwich bag about 4 inches full! equals to about 4 fingers, depending on your finger size...could of even been 5 fingers for a girl!...Leaves, stems, crunched buds and seeds!...The most exotic in my day was acapulco gold!..I never saw any tho..generally it was all mexican pot!)

LOL--I'm 61. I certainly remember 4 finger lids for $10. And, yeah, it was stems, seeds, leaves, crushed buds all mixed together. What I smoked back then is nothing compared to what we grow nowadays.

Arright!! I'll be able to relate to you!! :)...And, you'll be able to know everthing I mean! Thanks for telling me!:)

The Hemp Goddess said:
LOL--I'm 61. I certainly remember 4 finger lids for $10. And, yeah, it was stems, seeds, leaves, crushed buds all mixed together. What I smoked back then is nothing compared to what we grow nowadays.

Making me feel old THG. Boy do I ever remember 10 Lids.:D
By the way,,you are the same age as My Wife THG.

This Scrog makes me want to ditch the soil method I'm getting ready to try for first grow... but I believe I should stick to soil and nutes the first run!

EllisD said:
This Scrog makes me want to ditch the soil method I'm getting ready to try for first grow... but I believe I should stick to soil and nutes the first run!

You can scrog in soil too.

Should I attempt to with my first grow though really? I don't know :(

Hey, DGF - I didn't do the SCROG on my first grow, but I'm pretty sure I could have made it work if I hadn't popped too many seeds. I still really like the idea of it. Next time I grow indoors, I will try it, for sure.

I also remember the $10 four finger bags! I always had one on me!

key

Latest posts

Back