Second grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thedonofchronic

Soil grower
Reaction score
This is the start to my GL for the clones i just got. recap i got 3 clones, about 7 inches tall, ones about 10. getting another small one and one thats around a foot high. all fems of course. vegging all of them under two 40 watt cfls and a 14watt cfl coil light just for now until friday till i grab my 400watt HPS. ill use the 400 when i start flowering them hopefully this is right. at the moment using small small amount of miracle grow till i can get other stuff. no pictures tonight but tell me if it sounds like things may go alright and what not. pictures tomorrow hopefully.
thanks

Gl man, I'll subscribe to this thread.

Heres my pics of the clones. 2 more coming in about a week. id appreciate all the help and tips i can get thanks.

100_0901.JPG

100_0902.JPG

100_0903.JPG

100_0905.JPG

100_0906.JPG

100_0907.JPG

their weak looking clones for sure. alot of the leaves are turnin yellow and ****.. im hoping its only because their trying to grow roots...

Turning yellow? Eek, maybe nutrient deficiency? From the look of it, you have a few scrawny clones. But then, I think they look a lot like sativa, so they naturally have very thin leaves and grow taller in general. The one on the far right looks like it's got a looooong stem and no leaves or anything on the bottom half. Never seen anything like that before on clones....

thanks man im gonna try a few things see what happens with em...
they do look whack haha but the guy who gave em too me isnt an expert. so whatever. and also i got 2 more coming so well see what happens im this to learn as much as i can

Are your lights far away by any chance? I'd bring 'em in nice and close and promote some nice shoots. They like being sprayed too. :)

their about a bit more than a foot away. the guy i got em from grew them with a bunch of others and the lights were up higher but he had alot of side lighting too. i put em there with lesser bulbs by far, and at that distance so it would get used to it... how far away do you think i should place them? and i spray them a few times a day. and theyre growing some dope pistils outta them too. i just want them to be healthy..

I'd put them as close as I can without burning the plants. You want those lights concentrated on those plants as much as possible. Are there any nutrients in your soil?

ya he was giving them something, god knows what i cant know at the moment(maybe he wasnt), but when i got them 2 were dry so i watered em and gave them a small amount of miracle grow. its all i have till friday when i go to the store and get the 400 also. theres a bus strike in our city see... so one is just starting now to get dry so im going to give it just water to see if theres a difference. and ill put the lights closer. thanks for all the help by the way :D

No prob, anything to help a fellowr grower :). If they start going super crazy yellow, you're going to really want to give them some nitrogen I believe. Good luck and have fun man.

ok well everyone time for a little freakshow... take a look at all my weak clones. still trying to nab if its cause their making roots that their leaves are yellowing, or if its because it needs nitrogen. not sure i need help...

100_0955.JPG

100_0949.JPG

100_0952.JPG

100_0926.JPG

Just give them some time and they'll grow stronger. At least they're alive eh? Keep up the good work thus far bro.

this is where im at right now. quick update, got some gnat traps in my soil haha. topped my taller plant. got some more cfls in there, i only put in one 20 watt one for now can i throw another one in or will if hurt it?? and i bought some shultz liquid for flowering, and i got some new soil and some blood and bone meal. im going to re pot the smaller 2 of my plants in the new soil with some blood and bone meal mix. help? comments?

100_1022.JPG

100_1024.JPG

moved lights closer.
im going to re pot the 2 plants tomorrow morning how should i distribute the bone and blood meal mix throughout the soi?

100_1043.JPG

Id ditch the reading lamps and get some worklight reflectors for your lights. Everything looks cool.

OKAY so here the deal. my plants havnt grown at all since i got them. i just bought a 400w HPS. its all setup ive got the light 2 feet from my plants cause of the change. im hoping that theyll take off. any suggestions?

100_1081.JPG

Now they should really take off. Congrats on getting a bigger light. My best bet would be that they might still be growing some roots and need a better establishment. Or the genetics in the strain/plant the guy cut the clones off of had very low vigor. Everythings lookin great don.

i really hope so, theyre definitly a wierd strain. the stem grows really like strong and brown/red/purple. the big ones he had at his place were huge and the stems were like a broomhandle. i dunno i hope it goes well from now. should i lower the light in a few days way closer or what? i have NO experience with HID. or anything really for that matter lol. so all the help will be appreciated.
thanks mental.

Latest posts

Back