Sexing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siegalsmoker

Reaction score
Really quick and simple question ( I hope )....How soon can u tell the sex of a plant? I'm about 3 weeks into it and dont want to waste time tranplanting them all and then be forced to throw out males later....Would like to wait and transplant only females 1 time for less stress on the plants...Thanks

after you induce 12/12 plants will show sex in a week or two. the ones that show first are usually males and the ones that take a while are usually females.

You could also continue to veg and wait for pre flowers to show which take about 6 to 8 weeks depending on the strain your growing. ;)

sometimes vegging and waiting for sex takes to long...i dont think this is normal..but ive had a plant took 5 months before showing sex traits.

Joseph James said:
sometimes vegging and waiting for sex takes to long...i dont think this is normal..but ive had a plant took 5 months before showing sex traits.
Hee hee.. it took 5 months because you chopped on it the entire time.. THAT isn't "natural".. :p
I have 'never' had a plant require more than 8 weeks to exhibit preflowers, more commonly 4-6 weeks.
Siegal'.. try typing "sexing" into the search engine here. You'll find several good mehods ;)

Search for it on the website and I'm sure you will find some great ways to do it effectively and efficiently. Good luck and keep us posted on your grow. Take care.

From seed my skunks were showing as early as day 35, I was able to sex 5 of the 6 on day 38. The last one never showed sex until 2 weeks in flower and it was MALE.

Latest posts

Back