shock; from dirt to hrdro?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lezbein

Reaction score
I'm using that old time hydro method to grow plants where you simply have the roots sticking into a cup of water. Almost like dwc but w/ out the bubbler, but over 3 days the leaves wilted.

My mistake might be that I went from dirt to this hydro method, so the plant might be in shock. I did it to a male about 2 week from now and it's fine. Could it just be some plants go into shock when doing this? I got 5 more plants I wouldn't mind doing this to but I not 2 sure.

I know the basics of the method too. Like a hole for air and it serves as an over flow valve not to drown the roots completely, change rez every day, etc.

P.S.
No pics camera is down, big bummer.
using Dayna grow bloom nutes
its an outdoor grow
12/12 lighting
flowering for about 3 weeks now
also had it trained downwards so the mid would be top
tried a flush but no results
idk wat else to mention

Your roots need a continual supply of O2--you need a bubbler.

yeah ur gonna need some air in there. thats what makes dwc.
pot is not an aqua plant. and even if it were i think it would still be wise to get a pump.
dont worry, only a few bucks for a cheap one, even a really good one isnt all that expensive.

and im not too sure but i dont think it is suggested to switch from dirt to hydro, seems to me it would be too easy to damage the root system when trying to clean off the dirty roots.

Latest posts

Back