Should I be worried?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackwind

Reaction score
I received my seeds about 10 days ago and promptly started to germinate about half of them. A week ago today I decided to go ahead and pop them into jiffy peat pellets and stick them under some lights even though only about half of them had cracked. I expected them to break ground before now so I went ahead and inspected them after carefully uncovering them with a toothpick. I discovered that they all had popped but the growth was quite a bit less than I expected. The largest sprout had a taproot about 1/2 inch long. most of the rest are about 1/4". Am I just being impatient? At this rate I'll be surprised if they break ground within two weeks of planting.

What is your temp?

how did you germinate them in a little bit of detail?
how much water have you given them since put in soil or whatever?

The temperature is between 67 and 75 for the most part. Sometimes during the day it may go as high as 85 or so.

As far as germinating, I used the paper towel method and 5 of the 12 had cracked before I put them in the peat.

I've been keeping the peat pretty wet.

Be cool some beans take longer to sprout, they will be growing soon enough.

Cool Oz, that's what I was hoping to hear. I'll sit tight and see what happens. I'm just looking forward to seeing those little girls. :)

Latest posts

Back