show off your critters

• Thread starter THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, he's the pretty boy in the family..........the cat runs the show though, he's a badass

beautiful lab pup you got there to Thorn. they have a long life span. my brother had a black lab that lived 18 years. his name was Bryce. he would go canoeing with us and stay in the water forever. we would get near the river, and he would jump out of the back of the truck before we parked, and meet you in the water. very well behaved dogs, they are...bb...

banjobuzz said:
beautiful lab pup you got there to Thorn. they have a long life span. my brother had a black lab that lived 18 years. his name was Bryce. he would go canoeing with us and stay in the water forever. we would get near the river, and he would jump out of the back of the truck before we parked, and meet you in the water. very well behaved dogs, they are...bb...

Hey man, thanks, yea she's brilliant, our 7 year old black lab is great too. They just love to cuddle up :)

You sure Bryce didn't have some cross in him? Our previous 2 yellow labs both died around age 13. Blimey if we could have our older one for another 10 or 11 years that'd be amazing! :holysheep:

Here's my cat. Loius XIV.

We adopted him about two months ago from an animal shelter. We looked through thousands of cats, kittens, furballs, and purr-monsters, but we fell in love with one of the first ones we met. Little did we know (or care) these were cats infected with Cat Aids, yes, Cat Aids. They were all FIV+ cats that we first looked at, unknowingly. It's spread from cat to cat through deep bites or trading a lot of saliva (cleaning each other etc.) Anyways, it effects their immune systems but they can, and usually do lead long, happy, normal lives.

The option of gettinga a kitten was there, they had a tons of them, but I figured that everyone would want a kitten, so it's not like I would have been giving a kitten a loving home that he wouldn't otherwise get, because everyone goes in wanting a kitten, nobody wants a 3 year old monster of a cat (He's a big boy) that's FIV+. Except me and my gal :p
He literally started purring and pawing through the cat the moment we were in his site.

He has been nothing but a blessing to us and has slept with us in bed every night since he's been broken in. He has been a great companion to me especially after the loss of my father to cancer, he's been a great comfort and never leaves my side, a true friend, cat or not.

Anyone thinking of getting a cat, or adopting, I encourage you into looking at FIV+ cats, they are just like any other cat, they only require your attention and care and quick action when they show signs of being ill. Most shelters with cats that are FIV+ put them to sleep shortly after diagnosis, which saddens me deeply after sharing my home with Louis XIV.

Here are some pics, he loves a good belly rub. And the spikey pole from the Christmas tree is good for rubbing your face on apparently :p

P1010674.JPG

P1010661.JPG

P1010682.JPG

well yumyumbubblygum, i think your cats look cool. and trent your new cat looks stunning. i love cats! they are so much fun and they have sooo much personality. my cats rule our whole household! pain in the booty sometimes, one of mine likes to climb up the centre of the xmas tree, till it topples over. then i tell him off, set it back up, turn my back and hes straight back up it,

allmashedup said:
well yumyumbubblygum, i think your cats look cool. and trent your new cat looks stunning. i love cats! they are so much fun and they have sooo much personality. my cats rule our whole household! pain in the booty sometimes, one of mine likes to climb up the centre of the xmas tree, till it topples over. then i tell him off, set it back up, turn my back and hes straight back up it,

Yeah, white as snow, big green eyes with a big male head and a big chest. That ain't no little pillow he's laying on and squishing. :p Hahaha. He's got a personality like your cat it sounds allmashed up! When you stop petting him he will give your arm a little swat to tell you he's not satisfied yet.

He's the man. I've been an emotional wreck lately and he's definatly been a bright spot in my life. :cry:

sorry about your dad trent. i meant to say that in my last post, i know how your feelin, i lost my mom to lung cancer 10yrs ago. it still feels like last week, it hurts so bad, so i know what your goin thru, it gets easier as the time passes. well not easier. more like you deal with it better each day. big hug your way.....:heart:

Cheers to you my dear. Yeah, it was only a couple months ago but it's still tearing me up. He was still in his early fifties. Renal cancer, came out of nowhere and less than a year later he passed, mind you not without the fight of his life, I was his caregiver for a good couple months after after I decided to sell my house and return home for as long as needed to help out and spend some time with my father. Best descision I ever made, and definatly gave me the closure I needed. After things settled down I moved in with my girlfriend, which definatly helped the whole process, being able to be with the love of my life when I need her most. Especially after a couple years of long distance love.

But you never think you're going to get so attatched to the little guys, even if you have had 10 cats, you always say ohhhh, it's just a cat. And two months later that sucker has you whipped into a routine and you don't even know it :)

I am getting rid of my crabs. :(

I was tending to the tat the other day and smelled the smell of death. And I don't feel like digging all around looking for it. So I contacted a local person from a crab site I'm on. :p I will give it all away. Everything. Just get it out of here.... :cool:

Sorry to hear your getting rid of the crabs mom, but thanks for sharing the interesting pics of them before :)

I've finally sorted out my pics of the puppy so thought i'd share some.

Maddie 10cut.JPG

Maddie 11cu.JPG

Maddie 16cut.JPG

Maddie 19cut.JPG

Maddie and Milly 3cut.JPG

Maddie and Millycut.JPG

This is my 1st pic posting. Hope it works. This is my 2 yr. old German Shepherd named "Hank". He weighs over 100 pounds and is an awesome companion on long winter walks in the snow. Which we just came back from, early. He ran over the hill and barked and I heard a rustling sound, like wind in some reeds. Yep.. It was a porqupine and he had his nose right in it's face. luckily when I hollered "leave it!!!!!!" he did. Can't even imagine a vet bill on Sunday. Hope you're all having a great day

I'd like to post some pics of Ti-Loup......but his fur hasn't grown back enough YET!

Soon enough Thorn.........he'll be back especially now that he got some outdoor booties. Only problem is that them thar booties are Pink....and Ti-Loup has a problem with girly colors.

What are they HRH?? *please don't say hamsters* ...

That grey one is pretty cute hehe :D

Latest posts

Back