Sick Plant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ffsta

Reaction score
I just put my plants to flower last Thursday. Yesterday I found one White Widow crossed with Skunk looking like this. I also have one Mazar showing the beginnings of this same problem. The closet picture of this condition is lack of Boron. Is this correct? The leaves are curling under. They are growing in soil as this is my first grow.

I use Advanced Nutrients (2) part Sensi Grow and Sensi Bloom.
When I mix my nutrients, I set the PH between 6-7.
My EC is about 2.0, reading it with a Blue Lab Truncheon meter.

Temps are running about 65° at night and 85° to 90° during the day.
I live in a hot, dry climate.

I just did the ph run off and my EC is 3.6, (probaly higher cause it shot up very fast, but that is as far as it reads) and my pH is between 4 & 5, closer to 4.

100_2843 (2).JPG

100_2844 (2).JPG

Ph should be 6.5 and looks like nute burn, but get your ph right first before furthering any evaluations

hey bro how long you been growing in soil with a ph of 4????????????????? get out of here with that stupid stuff... something doesnt seem right about you.....

My pH is usually between 6-7.
The pH of 4 is a run off reading.

I was thinking it was nute burn also. I will give them a good flushing tonight. Should I let them go dry until the leaves begin to droop before I start nutes again??

You really need to raise your PH 4 is way to acidic, try for a range of 6.2-6.8! If I were you I'd get some Powdered Dolomite Lime and add that to your soil at 1 tblsp per gallon of soil! Its best to do this before planting but now is better than never,how I've done it before is just sprikle the lime on the surface of soil and then water, it may take a couple watering to get it mixed in good enough! I hope you get the problem worked out and keep us updated!

Phatpharmer

well you can flush if you want, or just let soil dry before you water next, you should get on a schedule like feed, water, water, feed

I always thought you mix your nutes and set the pH. Then water the plant.
Do I also have to set the pH of the soil separately???

phatpharmer said:
You really need to raise your PH 4 is way to acidic, try for a range of 6.2-6.8! If I were you I'd get some Powdered Dolomite Lime and add that to your soil at 1 tblsp per gallon of soil! Its best to do this before planting but now is better than never,how I've done it before is just sprikle the lime on the surface of soil and then water, it may take a couple watering to get it mixed in good enough! I hope you get the problem worked out and keep us updated!

Phatpharmer

That (4) was the run off reading. When I mix my nutes, I am between 6-7.

your run off reading should be 6.5ph. If you are watering with water that is 6-7 ph and your run off is 4, your soil is way too acidic.

pcduck said:
your run off reading should be 6.5ph. If you are watering with water that is 6-7 ph and your run off is 4, your soil is way too acidic.

I swear ducks stealing my thoughts lol.
Anyway,,, what he said, you got some proper issues lol.
Get it in some non nute soil of some kind, wash as much of that crud off the root ball first and then start feeding at 6.5, dont be worried to much about doin a re-pot, its easy enough and the plants already stressed anyway :p

Latest posts

Back