Slartibartfast's No Rocket Science Yard Weed-2008

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks great bro, yea them sativas are a hand full, took my ssh plants a good week to come out the ground after planting an, an i water them both eveyday, as there soil seams to just dry up quicker than the rest of my garden. they are getting feed mirical grow at 1/4 stranth an are loveing it. updates come on monday. but any how, great looking grow, going to get some good chronic of them plants, an i love SATIVAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HippyInEngland said:
...I love her shape :)
Yeah me too. She used to have two of those lower weeping willow limbs, but the little stump on the other side is the one that broke, but much to my smoking enjoyment.:)

Time to take some new pics, she has really fattened up. A heavy rain storm hammered the upper parts of the plant and it looks like a lot of the trichomes are gone. Most of the lower limbs are still frosty though. I hope some trichs grow back. Is that possible?

That happened to my indica right at harvest time, back in September and now it's weak smoke. :mad:

November 16th

Here are some new pictures of ol' Willie.
The seed package(recently got the info from it) says the harvest window should open between November 20th, this Thursday, and December 4th. It doesn't look like it'll be ready by this weekend though. A couple more weeks. I'm going to have to haul her in out of the cold at night pretty often now... a worthwhile pain in the ***.
Willie 11-16-2008 002sm.jpg

Willie 11-16-2008 004sm.jpg

Willie 11-16-2008 003sm.jpg

Ain't she luscious! I've been sampling her for about a month now, and it really gives a good long buzz.

I got tired of smoking that wimpy Citralah, so I went out and cut a mini cola. I walked around and around it before I could force myself to cut it. But there are so many, you can't tell it's gone. It's hanging to dry behind my computer now.

Cola 11-20-2008.jpg

Still immature, but smokes nicely. Those clear trichs really gives me a boost. Great for getting some mindless chores done. Just so long as nobody sees me giggling out of context.:rolleyes:

The weather is in the 50's during the day, and she goes inside out of the freezing at night. Do y'all think it's going to keep maturing in this cold weather? Most of the pistils are still white. She's been flowering for about 77 days.

that thing is a beast bro, well if them tricks still are clear, an its still looking as green an awsome as it looks right now i keeper growing. wate for that 70% amber, an get some good couch lock chronic, jmo thow. looks great, bet the chronic is better. makes me wanna grow me a super haze outdoors..........

December 2, 2008
Well I finally had to put her down, after only a six month love affair but which seemed much longer. She rode the green mile in my old Radio Flyer wagon, so heavy with crystalline flowers glistening in the morning sun, her once proud top colas hunched over almost to the breaking point, no longer able to support their considerable weight, but still fighting to soak up those last rays of life quenching her need to produce one last drop of her viscous sweet juice. Her lower limbs drooping like weeping willow, nearly brushing the ground in the insistent breeze of oncoming winter... and came to rest next to my work table freshly covered with newspaper and a nice shiny Ryobi limb saw. And the rest is history.

The buds are all in brown paper bags now, curing nicely. It took a few days to do all the manicuring, but it looks like a nice haul. No bud rot, or bugs, I think I did it right. The stalk turned out to be exactly 7 feet tall. It was hard to tell with it tied over, but I was curious. The seed bag said 5 feet, but I guess that was for indoor growing.

I wish I could have waited another week or so, but the weather was either freezing cold or pounding rain most nights, so I got tired of hauling it in and out. Besides, I was getting paranoid too, that's always a good reason.

Here are the pics:

Willie rides the green mile.jpg

Willie Nelson hang em high.jpg

Slartibartfast said:
I use Ortho Bug-Getta for slug bait, but any kind should work. Apply it every 2 or 3 weeks if you need it. Those slugs are nasty nasty.

If you want oyster shells, I recommend you have an oyster roast. That's where mine come from, but the sun has dried all the stinky off of them. We spread them in one corner of the yard where we want the ground covered. The dog loves them while they still have oyster on them. I've never heard of anybody buying opened dried oyster shells.
They're really supposed to be returned to the oyster banks when possible, to give seed oysters a place to attach.

Use rocks or something.
A grower for skunk mag mentioned using crushed oyster shells in organic grows as a bud hardner.

greenbeans79 said:
A grower for skunk mag mentioned using crushed oyster shells in organic grows as a bud hardner.
Hmmm, must be something in the mineral content. Maybe next year I'll crush some up and mix it into the soil and grow super rock buds!:D I think I should read up on that first.

When I take mine out of the bags and jar them up, I'll post some beautiful bud pictures for my next journal update.

December 21st, 2008

Jarred it all up today. It dried in the grocery bags faster than I expected, but at least I got some curing done. Hopefully next year I'll get that part figured out. It's pretty crisp, but I bet it will have re-hydrated some when I burp them the first time.

I bought a dozen wide mouth Mason jars. I filled one of them with the Citralah indica plant I harvested in September. That was some disappointing weed, not bad, but a little wimpy.

Then I filled eight jars with the largest buds from the Willie Nelson sativa, and topped each one off with a few small buds. Then I filled one jar with small buds (1"-3" buds), and I filled one more jar with really small buds. That one will be for giving away and smoking when I'm all out of the premium selects. So, I have ten jars packed with fresh potent weed. I think I put more in the jars than is recommended. They're not crammed in, but the jars are full. I hope that doesn't cause any problems.

When I manicured it, I got enough leaves and shake to fill a gallon ziploc bag packed tight. One of these days I'll get around to making some ISO hash with that. I spiked it pretty good with some trichome rich droppings too. I'll let you know how that goes.

Here are some pictures of the finally finished product:

Willie Harvest 12-08 sm.jpg
Some premium buds. They were really long, but I cut some of them in half to fit in the jars.

Willie Harvest 12-08 007 sm.jpg
The whole spread. Nice pile of small buds in that tupperware box.

Willie Harvest 12-08 009 sm.jpg
Here are all the small buds spread out. I still had some leaves to pull off of these. That was a mistake, next time I'll do that when they are still moist. It wasn't good to handle them that much when they are completely dry. The jars full of the large buds are all in the background.

I think I dun good. Hope y'all enjoyed my 2008 backyard grow.

Slartibartfast said:
July 24th.
I just spent 15 minutes posting a detailed update and a question. When I clicked "Go Advanced," THE ******* SERVER WAS BUSY and I lost it all.

They're still alive.
Bye.

My biggest complaint thus far about MP.C..... Can this be fixed? MODS???
:eek:

WOW. Beautiful plants. Helluva harvest. Congratulations, Brother. Any changes or repercussions since the insurance guy came around?

And, finfished weight from the Sativa Willie, if you don't mind???

iiii said:
My biggest complaint thus far about MP.C..... Can this be fixed? MODS???
I suspect MP is using as much server resources as they can afford. They don't ask us for donations, but if they did, I would send them a few bucks.

iiii said:
WOW. Beautiful plants. Helluva harvest. Congratulations, Brother. Any changes or repercussions since the insurance guy came around?
No problems. I got my 2009 policy in the mail last week, so no sweat. I will remember to be ready for them next year though.

iiii said:
And, finfished weight from the Sativa Willie, if you don't mind???
I have no way to weigh it. I'd like to know too, just out of curiosity. I'm sure it's not very heavy without seeds. Maybe a quarter or a half pound... no clue. How much do you think it looks like?

PS Please try not to triple post in my journal. Just use the edit button to add to your first post. Thanks.

very nice grow Slartibartfast.:D. how's she smoke? wow, 6 months huh? thats one long grow. i'm lucky to get 5 months of grow weather where i'm at , outside. that last pic of the willie, looked like a pic of a horse , with reins.
ride on willie...bb...

banjobuzz said:
very nice grow Slartibartfast.:D. how's she smoke? wow, 6 months huh? thats one long grow. i'm lucky to get 5 months of grow weather where i'm at , outside. that last pic of the willie, looked like a pic of a horse , with reins.
ride on willie...bb...
The smoke is potent. A great party high and one big lungfull keeps me stoned for a couple of hours. Now, about that horse thing... I'm still trying to see that, maybe I should smoke some of your dope.:p Tell me which end is the head and the butt, so I can try to visualize this. Maybe I'll see the Marlboro man.:D Or maybe I'll meet Mescalito!

Latest posts

Back