Slowmo's Russian Rocket Fuel Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got 6 rrf x easy Ryder that I started in Dixie cups and transplanted after they showed sex and 18 that I started in 3 gallon pots. The ones in the 3 gallon pots are 3 times the size and way more bushyer. They also branched out more too. If u start them in big pots they will be bigger and produce a bigger yield for sure.

ok so i got home from work today and decided to go ahead and transplant my babies. while doing this i noticed a couple of things i'd like to bring up for anyone with insight.. so heres what i found.

when i got home i noticed the bottom leaves have started to fade to a lighter shade of green almost like it has a N diff. i know everyone has said not to feed them but i assume you mean if they're in regular soil. mine aren't in soil.. my medium is soilless so it has nothing in it to feed the plants. so fed it 1/4 strenght veg nutes.. worts thing that can happen is i burn it and it dies..

also when i removed them from the smaller pots the roots haven't even made it to the bottom of the tiny pots yet. they were going around the outside edge about middle ways down the pot.. no tap root going for depth that i seen.. so what gives i keep hearing about tap roots wanting to go deep on auto's but these don't seem to be doing it. ust wanted to share what i seen with everyone

Gosh I wana say that JAAM grows his autos in promix and he gets away with more nutes than I've ever seen. He also has the yeilds to back up his methods. You might do a search for his auto GJs or try to PM him.... I think you're onto something. Even so, if they are still at just two weeks, the seed itself shouldn't need anything ? learning along with ya slowmo....

its crazy, i changed so much this time from all my past grows. it really is like learning all over again. i should have went with FFOF instead of promix for this grow just to get a feel for the plants before jumping right in to soilless. oh well live and learn i guess

are you watering the whole pot when you water or lil bits at a time? pro mix has a lil nuts in it allready and its good enuff for a plant up to 3 weeks or so. wuts your ph of your run off?

i water the whole thing over a period of a few minutes. i make sure i get a good soakin. today my run off was 6.3 but i had just repoted them and the ph the last time i watered in the small pots was 6.2 i'll take a picture of the leaves and see if it will show the fading green.

i was just doing some reading on auto flowering plants and pot size. it seems most say the ideal pot size it between 5-7 liters. just thought i'd share that with anyone following that might wanna know.

slowmo77 said:
i was just doing some reading on auto flowering plants and pot size. it seems most say the ideal pot size it between 5-7 liters. just thought i'd share that with anyone following that might wanna know.

5 is alil small IMO... Ive experimented with 6qt, 8 qt & 11qt garbage cans and found the 6qt pots (1.5gal) to hurt alil in the yield dept... I think 2gal+ pot from day 1 is key to gettin the most out of an auto...

From my experience autos like a higher pH. Like in the 6.5-6.8 range. I water mine at 6.8 and they do great

If u want an easy grow transplant them into ffof. Don't give any nutes for the first 30 days. Then only give a bloom enhancer to finish them off. They'll love it. Ffof has all the nutes it needs. It also has oyster shells which neutralizes the ph. I've ran all my autos that way and have had great results.

i guess this run will really be a test run. good thing all i really want is seeds.

Hey blunt man.... how did the breeding of the Mi5 & the Onyx go?

GanjaPapa said:
Hey blunt man.... how did the breeding of the Mi5 & the Onyx go?
i think im a dad:holysheep: i see the hairs are starting to go redish. which i think means it worked

there is still a differnce in size even with a 2gal grow compared to a 3gal

i thought i had some 2 and 3 gallon pots but i was wrong. i'm gonna do this grow in 1 gallon and the next in 3 gallon to see how they compare. they seemto be groing a little better over the last few days. they'll be two weeks old tomorrow.

looks good so far slow...I grew a few autos now and have in 1 gallon pots..I do have Larger But Havent bumpped up...The bigest plant Ive got was 10 inches ...lol...the promix is a good mix as long as its amended...I also know FFOF is great from start to finish..just use PHed water.nthe whole grow..I also read 20/4 light schedule to be best..I run the Veg area where Mine are 24/0..I did a run of some RRF from benny..had one in 12/12 and one in 24/0..seemed to me they yielded the same but the one under 12/12 stretched way more...anyway Im comeing down off me high so Need to run...untill next time ..Take care and be safe

ya im gonna get a couple of bags of FFOF for my next grow. i mean i don't see no real problems with the promix but im not as in tune as i need to be to run promix right now. maybe once i knock some rust off i'll feel a little better about the promix

The problem isnt the dirt Slowmo.... you had them in those lil pots for way tooooooo long & stunted their growth... IMO it has nothing to do with the soil....

you said this was only a seed run so....?? Next run 2+gallon pots from day 1 & you will have much larger plants...

they were only in the small pots for a week and 4 or 5 days. thats to long? wow thats crazy

Latest posts

Back