Smart Pots and Trays

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoNoXiDe

Reaction score
I bought smart pots and trays. I had an idea that I wanted to run by y'all before I did it.

I thought I would put a small bit of gravel in the trays and then set my pots on-top of the gravel to keep them up off the bottom of the trays. This in my opinion would help keep the pots from sitting in run off water.

Yay or Nay?

Not a bad idea, but you really don't need them. I use the plastic saucers I buy at the grocery store to catch the water... With smart pots you can over water and let the run off stay in the tray and check back in 30 minutes and it is usually gone. re up take by the plant.
So the gravel might help w/ a bit of humidity, but really isn't necessary.

Hope that helps.

Rosebud said:
Not a bad idea, but you really don't need them. I use the plastic saucers I buy at the grocery store to catch the water... With smart pots you can over water and let the run off stay in the tray and check back in 30 minutes and it is usually gone. re up take by the plant.
So the gravel might help w/ a bit of humidity, but really isn't necessary.

Hope that helps.

sounds good. less work for me to do.

Hey mono, here is a pic of my clones I was telling you about.

These are satori babies I took to clone about a few ago. They are under regular light now. I should or could transplant them but waiting till Christmas is over.

DSCF2231.JPG

Latest posts

Back