Smell, One Of The Deadly Sins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunforhire

Reaction score
As I start remodeling a grow room I wonder if different types of grows have stronger or weaker smells. In other words in a 7x7 grow room would a Scrog have as much odor as a regular grow? Would a SOG have the least odor? Or is it simply that a grow is a grow and they all will produce the same amount of odor? Thanks.

IMO..its strain Dependant...

carbon scrubbers dont care about the smell:aok:

:48:

My girls always grow under lavish conditions...and yet some strains just stink more then others..I've had plants that stunk up the garage first 2 wks of 12/12 and some that never really got their smell until after the cure...now, if all is good with the growing environment it comes down to strain genetics...one thing I've noticed...seeds out grow clones on every level..as they should...I've never said "where's the smell" when growing from seed...

4u2sm0ke said:
IMO..its strain Dependant...

carbon scrubbers dont care about the smell:aok:

:48:

:yeahthat:

buddogmutt ..seeds out grow clones on every level..as they should...I've never said "where's the smell" when growing from seed...[/quote]

REALLY ?? i was going to start cloning as i have just started 7 SATORIS. i have only bought and grew fem. seeds before and LOVE them. worth every penny. imo. i found, you can only buy SATORI in reg., not fem.. this is why i was going to learn cloning. WHY is this, seeds outgrow clones?? is there any difference in quality?? WHY?? maybe won't clone..
THANKS!!

Newbietoo said:
buddogmutt ..seeds out grow clones on every level..as they should...I've never said "where's the smell" when growing from seed...

I don't agree with that. A clone is an exact replica of the donor.
LH

Cloning is well worth it to me and most anyone that I know who clones. :)

LEFTHAND said:
I don't agree with that. A clone is an exact replica of the donor.
LH

Depends on the generation of your clone...a mother plant looses its umph over time...there's no way a 10th generation clone will out grow a seed...aroma, growth rate, plant life period diminishes over time....AND THERE'S NO WAY TO TELL WHAT GEN YOU GET....until it tries to grow...but with a seed you're guaranteed 1st generation...mothers are made from seeds not clones..whenever possible....why do you think that is?

Hushpuppy said:
Cloning is well worth it to me and most anyone that I know who clones. :)

I know clones very well..past grows show this...well enough to know I like seeds better...IMO...the ONLY advantage of clones are you're guaranteed a female that has a month head start on a seed...well timed germination make that a non issue...mites, disease, fungi all transfer from mother to clone....not seed to seed...it just depends on the clone...there are no ifs with a seed..except the obvious...IS IT A FEMALE...come on average clone price $13....you won't get seeds that cheap....seeds are ridiculously expensive...some seeds banks sell a single seed $200... ONE SEED...YOU'll never find a clone that expensive...but to each is own...

FYI....I make my own seeds..so I don't have to rely on a seed banks inventory or rep....and looking at my current grows indoor and out of my recent crosses...I'd say I'm more then okay with my parent selection and breeding process...only a blind man would be able to disagree....

$200... ONE SEED...YOU'll never find a clone that expensive...but to each is own...

I have heard of people paying a lot more for clones depending on what they are.

buddogmutt said:
Depends on the generation of your clone...a mother plant looses its umph over time...there's no way a 10th generation clone will out grow a seed...aroma, growth rate, plant life period diminishes over time....AND THERE'S NO WAY TO TELL WHAT GEN YOU GET....until it tries to grow...but with a seed you're guaranteed 1st generation...mothers are made from seeds not clones..whenever possible....why do you think that is?

Have you ever heard of clone only strains. Ie. pre98 bubba.
There's lots of them. Lol.
If a clone wasn't an exact replica of the host, donor, seed no one would clone that's serious bout growing.
LH

LEFTHAND said:
Have you ever heard of clone only strains. Ie. pre98 bubba.
There's lots of them. Lol.
If a clone wasn't an exact replica of the host, donor, seed no one would clone that's serious bout growing.
LH

None of that changes the fact that mothers diminish over time...and so do the cuttings.....

pcduck said:
I have heard of people paying a lot more for clones depending on what they are.

I haven't...maybe in a state where it's illegal and supply is limited....not the case here in Cali...average clone cost $13...and I don't care what strain....$13...

NO THEY DON'T.
this is a stupid on going argument.
No one would clone or keep hosts if that was the case. There wouldn't be deadly strains around still at clone only if this was true. No one would want em.
If your here for a fight grasscity is looking for people.
LH

LEFTHAND said:
NO THEY DON'T.
this is a stupid on going argument.
No one would clone or keep hosts if that was the case. There wouldn't be deadly strains around still at clone only if this was true. No one would want em.
If your here for a fight grasscity is looking for people.
LH

Looking for a fight...some of you are just simply stupid....how is my opinion offensive to even lead down a fight path....you're very ignorant.....people post here all the time "what's wrong with my plant...why don't my plant smell..why don't my plants grow right...a lot of those can be answered simply...clones are 10 or more generations old...and yes the majority of folks who sell clones are in it for the $$...they could care less that the 12th gen clone he sold is going to produce....once you understand the business side of this world you'll have a better idea of what I'm talking about....your ignorance is your weakness...

Bud I thought you left this forum because you didn't like all the stupid people on here. You always seem to come back and want to throw out your opinion like its gospel then if anyone says anything in response you immediately want to start a pissing match and start calling names. I don't fault you for experimenting and trying to learn new stuff. I have done plenty of experimenting myself but I don't come on here and throw out my results like they are the end-all of MJ knowledge. If someone disagree with me as you have, I don't sit here and call you stupid for disagreeing. Every time you break into a thread a pissing match insues because you can't seem to take anyone disagreeing with you or giving one opinion that isn't stellar about your grow or your methods. Your whiny attitude makes you sound very immature and it seems like you are only interested in causing a bunch of drama. It has been my experience that when it seems like you are the only person who is right while everyone else is wrong, usually the opposite is true. If you want to come here and throw out your opinion then do so and let it be, without all the pissing and whining. :(

buddogmutt said:
once you understand the business side of this world you'll have a better idea of what I'm talking about....your ignorance is your weakness...

I don't think you have a clue:aok:

Latest posts

Back