So what do you think?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use General Hydroponics for PH up/down.
I've got a Hanna PH pen.
It's one that measures only temp and PH, but since I've had it and used no more ph problems.
I tried to "Go cheap" with color recognition kit and it did'nt get it.

I've never used any MG soils at all, but I'd be anxious to see if a good flushing might help-but it's your grow and your call, Stinky.

There are alot of growers here who use PH meters-they are a worthwhile investment if you plan to turn out a good crop.
Keep it green and Good Luck!!

Here-hold onto this:
:48:

:)
Gb

Thought I might chime in.

I always grown in MG soil. The trick is too not really water too much in the beginning. Plants your size and I would be extremely gentle with my watering. There are times when I just let drops roll off the tip of my index finger continuously, one by one, so as too not burn the plants much. Take it really easy man, reaaalllyy easy.

Eventually the plant will go through the nutrients in the pre-ferted soil during veg so your plant will need veg nutrients eventually (4-6 week of vegetative state). You should still take it easy with the nutrients though.

Add flowering nutrients as needed.

The ph meter advise has made all the diff. Hamster
Im gonna look into ordering some ph up down now also
GBudd thanks for the suppot, u think flushing would help, how would i go about that?
Omnigr33n- im also considering going that way too but if its too risky i would rather transplant in new soil, but it doesnt seem like anything is a sure thing

Stinky,
I've never used any time-release type soils, so I don't know wether a flush would help, but Legalize Freedom mentioned it, so I wonder if flushing would help a situation like that.
Use clear water, ph of 6.5
DO NOT ADD NUTES.
Make sure the medium has adequate draining holes and that you have a pan to catch the runoff.
Try not to let the water splash on the plant itself (I know this sounds so simple-lol-but some of those granules may be on top.)
But-hold on a sec-you could remove the top layer of time-release soil, then top dress with a non-nuted soil.
Then do your flush till you have it draining good, then let it completely drain out and dry(dry cycle)
Like I said, I've never used pre-nuted soil, but I have had to flush out nutrients before.
Heck-try it with one of them and see if it helps.
Good luck.
Gb

The thing Omnigr is talking about makes alot of sense too.
The granules are activated by water so if you watered very lightly.
Ever so lightly.
:watchplant:
Gb

Geezer, I've never used it either so I'm guessing when I say to flush it to. What I meant to say was that they would have to really flush, flush, flush, copius amounts of water in order to wash away those nutes, and even then you wouldn't know if they were depleted until you started seeing a deficiency. I personally would not want to take it to this point, IMO transplanting is the best option if it is an option...if it's not then I would flush the he11 out of it.

Legalize_Freedom, Geezer-So i got some hyponix soil with no nutes and i think im just gonna retransplant, but would it be critical to do that again so soon after its first transplant just this past sunday, and going from nutes to none? And eventually after a few weeks they will need some nutes right, so am i still better doing that and just feed as needed? I know the nutes in the soil so early are prob what hurt it but they do need some at some point, is it just the continuous feeding that would continue to damage them?

and what omnigr said does make sense but i feel thats too risky since its already an issue but good advise, thanks.

legalize_freedom said:
Geezer, I've never used it either so I'm guessing when I say to flush it to. What I meant to say was that they would have to really flush, flush, flush, copius amounts of water in order to wash away those nutes, and even then you wouldn't know if they were depleted until you started seeing a deficiency. I personally would not want to take it to this point, IMO transplanting is the best option if it is an option...if it's not then I would flush the he11 out of it.

Totally agree with ya.
:yeahthat:

I guess we were just thinking "out of the box"
Yes it would be copious ammounts and no way to know when levels were right.
Stinky,
I think transplanting would be best.
Make sure you read some of the stickies on it if you have'nt done it a few times.
Good luck and keep it green!!!

stinkyelements said:
Legalize_Freedom, Geezer-So i got some hyponix soil with no nutes and i think im just gonna retransplant, but would it be critical to do that again so soon after its first transplant just this past sunday, and going from nutes to none? And eventually after a few weeks they will need some nutes right, so am i still better doing that and just feed as needed? I know the nutes in the soil so early are prob what hurt it but they do need some at some point, is it just the continuous feeding that would continue to damage them?

You should have had some growth since this past sunday?
Depending on its size, the plant does hold some reserves for itself.
Like Hamster has said/posted before, MJ is an amazingly resilient plant.
Even with no nutes at all, it will take a while before the plant will show a defenciency.
How old is the plant now-or got a recent pic?
Gb

yea ive def. had some growth since then. the first set of pics is about 2 1/2 weeks, the second is prob almost 2 weeks now (very diff. looking not sure what strain). this is after just tansplanting today.

IMG_0181.JPG

IMG_0183.JPG

IMG_0182.JPG

IMG_0184.JPG

So they're in the Hyponix now?
They are growing some.
I'd give them some clear water for a while.
Just let them thrive.
Keep it Green!!

I agree, just water for a couple weeks. Do you have a nute line up? If not read the sticky called Nute study by Jmansweed, he does a side by side run on 6 different nutrient lines. It's a long read, but very good and mandatory (IMO) read on soil growing, and nutes. You have a couple weeks before your going to need any feeding though. Make sure not to overwater, you want it to dry out some, and make the roots stretch. Good Luck!

Thanks legalize-freedom. i have read the sticky, nute study. i actually use neptunes harvest fish emulsion, i just need to get a system down. i really appreciate the support im gonna let them go for a while dry out and just take it easy. Happy New Year!!!!!

Really puffin? I dont know why im having problems like this then. but thanks man maybe thats key (the watering)...........

stinkyelements said:
and what omnigr said does make sense but i feel thats too risky since its already an issue but good advise, thanks.

For next time...and btw...flushing helped me when I had problems in the beginning. However, my plant was already half way through flowering.

Latest posts

Back