Soil and hydro ppl...Botanicare Hydroplex?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stickytasticbud

Reaction score
Hey I asked this question in the hydro forum but did not get a response.

Anyone have any experience with it? It can be used for both soil or hydro..

The hydro store said a couple weeks after i start flowering.. maybe a tbsp per gallon in the 3rd week.
The bottle says like the last week...
And i have read other places to start it about 4 weeks into the flowering...

http://www.americanagritech.com/product/product_detail.asp?ID=1&pro_id_pk=26

:bump: i jsut got me a small bottle this stuff too. got it dirt cheap and sounded good and had to use up my remainin few $ on card so just curious wat anyone if ever used this stuff wta tehy thought botu it vs other supplements liek it..?

i've used it in the past with great results.... switched back to PK 13/14 cause the Plex is a bit pricey around here....

they make 2 different formulas.... 1 for soil and 1 for hydro.... i've used the soil formula for both soil and hydro and had great results.... i'd go with the soil formula if they have it.... you can also compare the 2 bottles to see the ratio difference....

better a late response than no response, huh?

i just bumped up an old thread after serchin the forums for hydroplex rather tahn startin a new one.
but i already got the stuff an 8 ounce bottle only.

hmm.... it doesnt say wether it specified for soil or hydro jsu says use 1/2 - 1 tsp per gallon durrin flowering phase on bottle is all .

what is it? A type of enhancement, probably sea kelp, or molasses? is it supposed to harden your buds, or help produce trics ??? sorry I've never heard of it.

its from botanicare
it says bloom maximizer on bottle
npk 0-10-06
i was thinkin long the lines of usin it as i would the liquid koolbloom 0-10-10
maybe see if its a beter PK bloom booster tahn liq KB..

it's just a bloom enhancer.... same as PK 13/14.... you've got the hydro formula.... the soil formula says soil on the front.... the hydro formula will work for soil too.... i compared the labels a while back and the soil formula was different.... don't remember the differences though....

but the diff is small to where it not gon throw everythin way out wach if i use this in place of liq KB tho is it?
i am growing soil too so....

it's not a major difference.... i believe the soil formula had humic acid in it to help with nutrient uptake.... that may have been the only difference....

either way.... use it, you'll be fine.... and i'd start off with 1/2 on the bottle to see how your plants respond.... some may take a heavier dose, where as some may not like the high doses....

ive always wondered seperates bloom enhancers etc one brand from another. ?
is it just teh PK numbers or are tehre other things in diff brands taht make em diff.
im just wondering wat would/could be the diff in this a pk boost vs liq kb another pk boost jsut diff brand :confused2:
i guess im just wondering how to look into a brand or type nute etc when choosing/selecting one tahts best for me and my girls in particular.
im jus bored already wit the GH line LOL.
thoguht also bout gettin couple diff starter kits liek the grotek has a starter kit same wit technaflora and maybe do a side by side along wit my GH line i got now and pick that way but who knowss.

what separates them is different ingredients from different manufacturers and different sources of the ingredients....

i switched back to BioNova PK 13/14 and had just as good results for half the price of the Hydroplex.... i will give it to them, Botanicare is proud of their product.... i stand by many of them myself....

i've used all of the Pure Blends, Tri-Flex (this is my main fert), HydroPlex, Clearex, the myco solution they have, Liquid Karma, and their Cal-Mag.... the Pure Blend Pro's and Tri-Flex are all top-notch ferts.... everything else you can find way cheaper alternatives to that will give you similar results....

I almost bought a kit from hydroplex the other day at the hydro store for like 35 bucks, had all thier stuff in little tiny bottles...I went in for cloning gel, and he almost had me sold on it cause he says "well there is cloning gel in here", so I opened the box right in front of him...lol...the gel container was like the size of a quarter, maybe 3/4" deep...enough to clone a dozen maybe. It was a cool little kit, but I didn't need it.
All the different nute lines can get confusing for sure, I agree with fleshstain when he says go with what you can afford, if your not happy with it try a different one next grow. I don't mix things up too much though because it's too easy to add too much of something that way. I do like to add Humboldt County's Own, snow storm ultra, and gravity towards the end of flowering this stuff works Great! imo. I also add som cal-mag at the start of flowering. I use Fox farm nutes, but I think they lack a little in the cal-mag dept. just my oppinion.

Latest posts

Back