Soil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quontoke

Greatness in the making
Reaction score
Right now I am using Miracle Grow Water release soil, my plant is only in the veg stage and I want to make my own soil when i transplant it if its possible. After reading these posts I have heard that MG is not that good to plant marijuana in. If anyone can tell me what ingredients I can use to make a pretty decent soil with all of the right nutrients that will be very helpful. If given a list would I be able to find this all at a store like Home Depot or a nursery?

Yea I just got my supply about two days ago; Perlite, Vermiculite, 2 bags of Peat Moss, some lime, and Bat Guano.

I got them all for under 20$ at a local garden store

The Effen Gee said:
Spangum peat moss

Sand

Perlite or vermiculite

Power Flower

Compost

Love.

Google a few soil mixes and see what the ingredients are. Specifically Sunshine Mix #4.

is that for putting established plants in or is that soil mix ok for starting seeds in also?

I have used MG soil since before they started putting in nutes and moisture control stuff in it for my outdoor grows with clones. Never had a problem. Just don't add nutes for a month, then a weak solution after that.

I reckon making your own dirt is a matter of prefrence. I make my own compost. All plant matter is thrown into the compost pile. I also added vermeculite to my compost pile, and turn it every 90 days. If you're buying soil, get neutral topsoil. Add:
Perilite or vermeculite, compost, topsoil (preferably black stuff, thats got lotsa stuff that plants like). If you're using your own local dug from the outside ground dirt, make sure you bake it first. I'd suggest using a turkey pan, and cooking it on 375 for about 45 minutes, mixxing it up every 15 mins or so, to make sure it all gets cooked. This will remove any fungus, bugs, or things that are generally bad. With good compost, you dont need to feed your plants for about a monthandahalf, then use your ferts as the bottle directs, every other watering. You want your soil to be airrid, so vermeculite and perilite are definately a must have mix-in. Hope my $0.02 helps

Latest posts

Back