Sopappy's 2nd Manifold in RDWC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was going to LST but I've lost my nerve. I did top them before the transplant, so they've all been topped.... but I'm hesitating now, I'm not sure what I'm going to do next, I feel like a deer in headlights.

View attachment 1-100_0063.JPG

It's a weed brother, give it a good topping, clean up under her skirt and let her flower out the way nature intended, try not to stress....relax and enjoy the experience. Green mojo man.

It's a weed brother, give it a good topping, clean up under her skirt and let her flower out the way nature intended, try not to stress....relax and enjoy the experience. Green mojo man.

oh, hey kraven, things looking good over there as usual, thanks for poking your head in the door! I'm on the 3rd node of each branch after the first topping.... I want to top back at the first node but I can't bring myself to cut off all that weed... where are you suggesting I top, which node? I'd like to do what you said if I knew what you said.... skirt? everything below the topped node?

Pappy don't panic brother. (Looking at the last pic of the single plant above)If you don't do anything else and just let them grow and flower from right here, they will do fine. But it depends on how big you want them to get. If you want them to get bigger, you can top them or you can do another trick that I recently learned which is to cut off all of the larger fan leaves along the main 2 branches, but leave the growing stems. This will cause them to grow out faster and will make her quite bushy.

If you are going to run a couple like that under scrog, then you can cut off the leaves like I said and then give them a few days to grow out before setting a screen on top of them and begin spreading out all of those new branches so that they go out horizontally under the screen. Flip the lights on them and continue tucking the new growth under the screen until you see flowers begin. Then let everything grow up through the screen for a meadow of flowers.

If you are going to run a bunch of plants together without a screen, then you want to either SOG which I believe is too late or try to keep little bushes. If that is the case, then let them grow and thin the branches by cutting a few of the smaller ones out of the bush.

Pappy don't panic brother. (Looking at the last pic of the single plant above)If you don't do anything else and just let them grow and flower from right here, they will do fine. ---trimmed---

Hey HP, that was close, I thought I'd check in before heading down with my scissors, I was hoping you'd stumble across my posts. Any luck with BBB ? I go through the on line complaint against this Ron Hill Ironseedsales.com crook and after 5 pages, it tells me my info will be posted on their site... I hadn't thought about that part, the scumbag wins.
Anyways, I hope you do better. Frankly, I do NOT know what to do hahaha, the roots just started a day or so ago, but rez level, pH and ppms constant, no sign of a ramp so I'm still in waiting mode..... I feel like the barber with the tape recorder in that Monty Python skit... cut cut cut
I don't want them to bushy up much wider than the bucket and I like that de-folliating angle. What if I just bent the two branches (you call them stems?) horizontal, and cut away the bulk of the fans. I'll head down and take a picture first.

Jeeze, I'm in the wrong damn section AGAIN. This is a grow journal.
I'll be over there.... sorrreeeee

I couldn't find your journal so I'll have to post here. The BBB didn't make any difference to the situation. I think I am going to tell the guy that he is going to get a visit from some friends that will explain what happens when you stiff the wrong people. Then all I have to do is find some friends in the area willing to go visit him.

You can bend the branches down horizontal and remove the fan leaves. That will cause all of those little branches to take off growing.

I couldn't find your journal so I'll have to post here. The BBB didn't make any difference to the situation. I think I am going to tell the guy that he is going to get a visit from some friends that will explain what happens when you stiff the wrong people. Then all I have to do is find some friends in the area willing to go visit him.

You can bend the branches down horizontal and remove the fan leaves. That will cause all of those little branches to take off growing.

All the fans, HP?
I just got caught up this morning http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72869
I'm just dropping the guys name whenever and wherever I can, there's others burned by him out there, I buy seeds all the time, the man's a fool.

Yes I would snip off all of those fan leaves at this point except for the ones that are on the growing branches that are coming off the main stems. That will cause those "tertiary" branches to take off growing faster, and the fan leaves on those branches will quickly come out with plenty of time to give the plant all of the energy it needs to keep on rolling.

Now at this point those secondary branches have already come up a bit so Its not critical to remove the fan leaves, you can leave them there, but they will get buried by the new growth within about 10 days and will slowly die off from lack of light.

Latest posts

Back