Sopappy's 2nd Manifold in RDWC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hoping to avoid this with HP's method this time.
I'm waiting for the third node (on the two branches starting now)
and will take a picture before topping at the 1st

View attachment stretch.jpg

Crowdsourced science... hahaha, I love it. Well said, Mac.
The bothersome thing is that one often feels like a leech. It is not easy picking this stuff up steathily, I can't / don't discuss it anywhere except here :)
thanks all!

I know the leech feeling, but as long as you actually have your hands in the dirt (or water) and are applying all this theory to find what actually works for you, then rest assured, you are no leech! Also, once you got the knowledge, you can continue to share it with other people who are struggling/still in the "leech" phase...

~smiles~

Pappy it gonna be OK, your gonna get this bro and then your gonna be one of the best teachers too...just keep on keeping on little brother.

JHC... I think I've got pythium again, sob!
The yellowing isn't so alarming and I've since added epsom as directed but the drooping is heartbreaking. It happened immediately after the transplant.
Here's a picture of the worst one but looks like they are all starting
I added the mycorrhizae when I transplanted, I am really hoping I shocked them doing that, (ANYTHING BUT PYTHIUM!!) but the ones that weren't transplanted look okay
The roots aren't showing below pot, water level is at hydroton, bubbles galore, lots of O2, LED is 30 inches away, temps around 70, hmd 60, rez is 65
I took a shot in the dark and tried a kelp foliar spray last night. I took the picture half hour after spraying.

When I transplanted, I buried them DEEP, to about an inch below first pair, perhaps 2" of stem in the hydroton.

View attachment 1-100_0030.JPG

Oh man, lets hope that isn't the case. It may well be that the transplant has shocked them a bit. Unfortunately I'm not sure what to do for pythium. I believe though if you are running hydro that you can add some H2O2 to your system. But I don't know how much. Hopefully someone will be along that knows the answer on that one. Green mojo my friend :)

yup, I need that mojo stuff alright, thanks, HP
I'm afraid if I get Pythium again, I'll be packing it in.
Who makes a good brand of coco chips?

This is just my opinion, but I wouldn't grow in just straight pearlite. It has no water or moisture holding ability. as soon as the water is turned off, it all drains through and begins to dry out. You would have to change the way you do everything and relearn how to work the plants in that. I would go with the coco kernels if I wanted very good drainage.

check out this page as he has a lot of good suggestions and info for preventing pythium:
https://www.mjp.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=228590

This is just my opinion, but I wouldn't grow in just straight pearlite. It has no water or moisture holding ability. as soon as the water is turned off, it all drains through and begins to dry out. You would have to change the way you do everything and relearn how to work the plants in that. I would go with the coco kernels if I wanted very good drainage.

Going from bad to worse here, HP... I harvested too soon but more troubling is that it tastes like it just washed up on shore. I may just be a dirt farmer at heart hahaha...
I know you're right about the perlite but dirt is back-ordered.
I'm riding this out of course but LST just went out the window, I'm leaving them alone. I'm dangerous hahaha

I betcha that's only for you Amuricans.

Shipping Policy

All orders ship within two business days. Free Shipping takes 1 to 5 business days in transit after it is shipped. Any order over $300 will require a signature upon delivery. We will ship orders to most countries throughout the world. Please email us if you have any questions or would like a shipping quote at [email protected]. We will not be held responsible for lost packages when shipping both domestically and internationally.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.

When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.

Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.

check out this page as he has a lot of good suggestions and info for preventing pythium:
https://www.mjp.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=228590

Hygrozyme seems to be the preventive to use. When I looked, I found Mycohizae. Now, I'm wondering if that stuff affected the taste!

Shipping Policy

All orders ship within two business days. Free Shipping takes 1 to 5 business days in transit after it is shipped. Any order over $300 will require a signature upon delivery. We will ship orders to most countries throughout the world. Please email us if you have any questions or would like a shipping quote at [email protected]. We will not be held responsible for lost packages when shipping both domestically and internationally.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.

When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.

Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.

I had a US address a couple hours away a few years back, might be worthwhile to do that again,
X86ZOLsY1Ai0AAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

View attachment usa.JPG

UNCLE! I bought some inert mixture from the grow store and I like it.
I'm using the leftover coco on my walkway, man's gotta know his limitations.
I've been following the grows, my last grow was crummy, so no pictures, better luck this time.

I've already screwed up.... here's 9 plants (10, 2 are in 1 pot)
I transplanted and screwed forgot to put labels back. 5 are one strain, 5 are the other
(they all look the same to me)

View attachment 1-100_0065.JPG

ROOTS!
I must have shocked them when I transplanted them, took a week to poke out the bottom.... and I thought I saw pythium but it's my nutes staining them. You can see nice white before they hit the nute solution.
This the best of the 5 in hydro, about 6 weeks, I think, seems slow.

View attachment 1-100_0064.JPG

Latest posts

Back