Sopappy's 2nd Manifold in RDWC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey,,ifen the lights gotta go off,,they gotta go off. Its your Harvest,,and its better then no harvest at all,,right?

Oh, right, I forgot about yields.
But, you watched the video, that dude said they stop using the light.
But I am kind of wondering how they pull the shades.

Yeah,,,as I said his info comes from what the Majority of flowering plants do,,,,and again I will say Marijuana is not like the Majority of flowering plants. I will go with what ive seen. Vegging Marijuana plants stretch without light or in low light situations.

Well, you were right, I should have picked one.
Here are the twins, they are exactly half the size of the others.
They won't be going in to a bucket, not sure, is it twice the work? should I just pluck one?

View attachment 1-100_0013.jpg

Yeah,,,as I said his info comes from what the Majority of flowering plants do,,,,and again I will say Marijuana is not like the Majority of flowering plants. I will go with what ive seen. Vegging Marijuana plants stretch without light or in low light situations.

Well, you tell me you've seen it, duck and THG agree, this place hasn't steered me wrong so far, 24 it is.

Pappy, I would do a supercrop method to those twins and bend them away from each other and let them grow. They just need to be fed more than the others.

Pappy, I would do a supercrop method to those twins and bend them away from each other and let them grow. They just need to be fed more than the others.

I've already topped everybody, the twins will go in to a gallon perlite / coco mix, along with 3 other weakest.

The buckets are recirculating now H2O2'd water and bubblers going, sounds great in there. I've washed and rinsed the pellets, 24hrs for the H2O2 to dissipate now and in they go. First time I've used all 5.

The roots will be just starting out the bottom of the pots with maybe an inch to water... Do I assume my ramp will be down again or should I go in at 5.5?

You missed a dust-up, HP, I was going to go 18/6 but I guess I forgot where I was :D

Never assume anything with pH and MJ growing. Especially if you are moving to a different medium. I would set the next feed/water to 5.8 for the plants in the new medium and then see where it goes. If you are continuing with the same medium then go with what the plants told you last time.

I saw the lighting conversation but I didn't want to pile on. They are correct though. I have been growing under 24hr light during veg and 12/12 for bloom for many years and I have never had a single problem come from it. My plants always finish healthy and happy, with NO sign of light stress. So if 24hr lighting is the wrong thing to do, then I am going to have to continue to be wrong as it works perfectly for me. :confused2:

Hush knows his stuff,,, that's for sure. Excellent grower. Always like his post because they are so informational.

Today is transplant day.... cold feet.
I put 15mL per gallon 29% H2O2 (WEARING GLOVES, did you know the 90% stuff is ROCKET FUEL?) in both systems yesterday noonish and ran the systems with bubblers. The ppm in 3 bucket was expected 90ppm, but the other was 140ppm and only 2 buckets, something still on the hydroton?
Anyways, I drained it and adding nutes checking ppm before & after

The plan is transplant, sprinkle myco on the roots, and add the nutes.
I've been feeding 1400, but I'll start around 900ppm, ph 6.0 and see which way she goes (I guess)

I'm cutting off the lower node pairs (and burying to about that height)
top water from the rez for a few days... I LOVE IT!
Happy Sunday All!

yup, me and sativa were made for each other, I'll never smoke Indica again
:icon_smile:

Oh no, our first fight, hey Duck. Well, I guess we'll find out. I get hosed for electricity here, I'm saving the 6 hours at peak day price, I gotta try it.
If these stretch like the last one (it *was* 24hr veg too), I'll go back.

I'll have to watch it again but somewhere in here, he talks about the plant 'shutting down' after 17 hours whether light is on or not.
http://tinyurl.com/h4qsm4w

Oh well so much for trying to help you.

Never assume anything with pH and MJ growing. Especially if you are moving to a different medium. I would set the next feed/water to 5.8 for the plants in the new medium and then see where it goes. If you are continuing with the same medium then go with what the plants told you last time.

I saw the lighting conversation but I didn't want to pile on. They are correct though. I have been growing under 24hr light during veg and 12/12 for bloom for many years and I have never had a single problem come from it. My plants always finish healthy and happy, with NO sign of light stress. So if 24hr lighting is the wrong thing to do, then I am going to have to continue to be wrong as it works perfectly for me. :confused2:

I get penny-wise, pound foolish when I'm thinking a penny saved is a penny earned.
I'm complicating my life with the back-up plants, I'm putting them in coco/perlite, I've had bad luck with coco but still have some

I get penny-wise, pound foolish when I'm thinking a penny saved is a penny earned.
I'm complicating my life with the back-up plants, I'm putting them in coco/perlite, I've had bad luck with coco but still have some

make sure you put some Epsom salt in you water for the coco watering..... a tea spoon per 5 gallons works for me....... make sure you use plenty of perlite........ maybe try the chipped coco....... prevents over watering.

Oh well so much for trying to help you.

hahaha, not at all, Mr Duck. I was back to 24 that same day.
It was his comment that the plant shuts down, light on or not, that got me.
I assumed he was talking about marijuana and thought it might make for some interesting discourse. No offense intended, PC

Hush knows his stuff,,, that's for sure. Excellent grower. Always like his post because they are so informational.

Indeed. I got in over my head last grow and he helped me salvage it.
Lots of great advice here, I don't mean to offend anybody challenging it, I am just finding there are so many variables, I wonder how we can be so sure of what affects what.

Indeed. I got in over my head last grow and he helped me salvage it.
Lots of great advice here, I don't mean to offend anybody challenging it, I am just finding there are so many variables, I wonder how we can be so sure of what affects what.

it can be so overwhelming at times, and I have found that while it may subside for a bit, it comes back and anyone can get overwhelmed. On top of that, its hard to find plant info that pertains only to weed. I mean its a lot easier now, but most of the info we use is basic gardening knowledge, but its hard to know that something like the light cycle can be specifically different for mj than it is for other plants. Thats where MP comes in, here we can throw practical application at theory and find out what actually works and what doesnt and share that with everyone, its awesome! its like crowdsourced science.

it can be so overwhelming at times, and I have found that while it may subside for a bit, it comes back and anyone can get overwhelmed. On top of that, its hard to find plant info that pertains only to weed. I mean its a lot easier now, but most of the info we use is basic gardening knowledge, but its hard to know that something like the light cycle can be specifically different for mj than it is for other plants. Thats where MP comes in, here we can throw practical application at theory and find out what actually works and what doesnt and share that with everyone, its awesome! its like crowdsourced science.

Crowdsourced science... hahaha, I love it. Well said, Mac.
The bothersome thing is that one often feels like a leech. It is not easy picking this stuff up steathily, I can't / don't discuss it anywhere except here :)
thanks all!

Terpenes, I'm low on terpenes... (from memory, unreliable info)
I grew in water and dirt, same strains, same nutes, fridge cure
The pot from the dirt smells DELICIOUS whereas, from the water.... ho hum, if AT ALL!
Both smoke just fine :) can't decide which is tastier yet, I get confused

Latest posts

Back