Speaker Grow Room

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peha

Reaction score
just finished :)
what u think?

for now im using WarmLight 20V im waiting for sunday so i can buy CoolLight

DSC00359.JPG

DSC00361.JPG

DSC00362.JPG

DSC00365.JPG

DSC00366.JPG

DSC00367-1.JPG

i think ur definately gonna need more head room for sure and more than just one light bro. even wit lst and erly 12/12= (short veg) and the tin foil- if ya got white paint man go wit that for sure. best if flat white. but an white imo is better than tin foil. i believe in lighting section theres a sticky on reflectants in grow rooms.
heck pik up some tat label paper for printers. i lined my room wit that for now. prolly gonna get some white poly later on tho. good luck

zipflip,thanks for the comment m8 but i know that i just let them grow a bit,
eventually i will find something bigger and better, sunday im going to buy lights :)
maybe i will buy some paint too.

what u think about the place though, stealthy or what?
if i turn off the light u can't see anything:)
thats what i like :)

Peha.

yeah but turnin off lites may cause stress but im not sure so much if in veg stage. but flower if ya interupt lights it'll be stress.
ya knwo tho, if you add even more cfl lites in that lil box ya gona end up wit some heat issues wven wit that pc fan JMO.
ime i found that cfl's do put off more heat than ya'd think.
but eliminating teh tin foil will help but maybe not much but tin foil seems to wanna keep heat in/ as well as wit wat so many use them first aid safety mylar blankets. i tried that as well but heat was extremely hi but i went to white an all is good. not sayin it would solve any heat issue if ya crammed lie 4-8 cfls in there. ya also gotta account for space taken from said light fixtures etc. honestly man i'd think of somethin wit a lil more ehad room may rig up a card board box same as ya got here. and if ya got storage room or closet just set it in there stacked around it bunch of other boxes but be sure you maybe get some cheap drier ducting and vent it out the closet some how. but dependin on room if storage room ya may be fine wit just ventin into room if it stays cool or can even open a windo or have an ac in room.
plus i would think a cardboard box would possibly breathe the heat a bit mroe than thick speaker box wood. but who knows.
or heck. hollow out an old dresser or file cabinet and glue drawer panels all to a board as single door makin it look as tho it still a dresser. i've seen that before.
also most growers plant in smaller containers an increase in size. meanin u coulda had these insmall 4 inch pots for a good few weeks an would give you considerable head room too. but i wouldnt recommend go diggin em up now tho an doin it.

im going to paint in white:) sunday
about the fans,the little fan draw air in and the bigger one push the air out
ive been told that for now its ok, and they not making so much heat.
these days, i have a realy low budget i can bearly buy lights,
so im taking things kinda slow you know, eventually everything will be fine, i can promise u that :p
about the smaller pots, i was thinking the same thing as u:)
im gonna move them today.

thanks A LOT zipfile!

i make both them fans exhaust if the speaker hole and port hole are always open. that way ya got a passive intake and more exhaust pulled thru will mean more air will just flow in thru them holes in front. thus maximizing air flow, wit wat u got anyway. and the holes in front are pretty big. but maybe get one pc fan at least or maybe small desk fan and have it blowin over tops of ya plants keepin the tops cool when real close to the lites

zipflip, i made some changes, tell me what u think.
new setup and light,DAYLIGHT 9 WATT is it ok for 3 plants?
they still in veg stage.

DSC00368.JPG

DSC00369.JPG

DSC00370.JPG

DSC00371.JPG

DSC00372.JPG

DSC00373.JPG

DSC00374.JPG

ouch man. u dug them up an replanted in smaller cups?
did you make sure not to damage roots tho at least.?
ya got the spectrum right but i dont think ya get very far wit a 9 watt cfl. if ya got a wal-mart in ur town they got a double pack of 2 6500k cfl's both 6500k 23watt 1600 lumens each. under ten dollars for the pack of two.
then go to the lighting department that has sockets etc. and get wat ya need to wire up at least two them cfl's in there i'd say or actually 3 would probably suffice best. but may get by wit 2 inthere for veg only. im guessin that box is smaller bout 8 inch woofer box? am i right? square footage cant be mor than 2 square feet tho im thinkin so if ya can get 3 in there that be better.
just look round an get creative wit wirin them up. but try keepin them as close to room of the box as possible. mount ya sockets sideways somethin like that.
and get some cheap flat white spray paint an paint the inside white man. ditch the foil, really. ya can get spray paint really cheap. but try for flat white not glossy/enamel.
but all this is if you are really still determined to use that lil box. but in all honesty man i bettin it'll get pretty warm in there but who knows 4 sure unless ya try. but regardless your gonna need way more lite than 1 9watt cfl bro. figure at least 3000 lumens per square foot of grow for veg mostly. try shootin for 5000 per foot the best ya can for flower tho.
an when ya get some more lites in there get a thermometer humidity meter deal. they 6 bux at wal mart i jut got one other day for my new veg cab. (pix in link in signature micro grow #2)
and check ya temps.
wat are the dimensions of that box anyway man?

Latest posts

Back