Speedbump.....(pics)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7thG

Victimless Criminal
Reaction score
I was about to take another shot at growing. I have everything kinda set up. I need a lot more equipment, but things were taking shape. The seeds are in the dirt and one is stretching. But, I figured it be aite because i was gonna hit them with my hps today(maybe get a mh later). So there I am everthing ready to go, even put some water on my seedlings......poland springs! I have my ballast in one hand and the plug in the other......."let there be light". I sat there for about a half a minute analyzing the obvious fact that these 2 plugs dont match, then it set in, SHOWS OVER.

I sent Flora Hydroponics an email but it was a couple months ago I ordered so I dont know what the outcome of that will be.

Any suggestions as to a possible wallet friendly remedy would be greatly appreciated.

004 (2).jpg

I can't believe they sent you a cord that doesn't even connect to the ballast they sent you, I'd be livid! Hopefully they rectify the problem if not I think I'd be changing suppliers! Heck I might even change suppliers even if they do rectify the problem sending you cords that don't even connect thats truely just stupidy!

Phatpharmer

:holysheep: :hitchair: :stuff-1125699181_i_ :stuff-1125699181_i_ :cry: :rant: Kinda like a hooter,no lighter

Find/buy/order/recycle a socket that fits and splice the cables together.

:peace:

Hi,

Here's an easy solution that's available for about $12 at most hydro/indoor gardening stores:

I think that this is the one you need... The plug adapts a Hydrofarm fixture/cord set to a Sunlight ballast.

hXXp://www.hydroponics.net/i/131832

You should be good to go!:cool:

131832.jpg

I usually use a hammer and screwdriver for my home repairs,lol.

Have you tryed radio shack?? They have all sorts of funky stuff.

Thought About Radio Shack, gonna probably stop there later. Im trying to see if I have any local hydroponics stores in the yellow pages. I tried home depot because I know they sell the bulbs but they have nothing in that catergory.

After wasting about 10$ in gas running around town looking for this adapter I finally found it. I went to Radio Shack, Home Depot, a store that sells nothing but lights and electric components, and a nursery with no success. Then, out of sheer luck I found a website to a store about 10 minutes away across state lines. My prayers have been answered because it sells everything I will ever need.....goodbye internet(u make me paranoid anyway). The people in there are very laid back, of course. I decided to pick up a bag of Ocean Forest while I was there because my seeds are in Miracle Grow. All for of a total of 32.50$

Local stores rock. Prices are a little higher but the service and convenience makes up for it. Congrats on the find :)

I'm glad you got your adaptor... and bonus! You found a local hydro store. I still tend to ship in a few things as some prices are hard to beat online, even after shipping. I paid $79 w/shipping for a new Hortilux 1K hps and locally it would have cost me about $117 w/tax. That's two bags of soil... But for buying soil and nutes a local supplier saves an arm and leg and some paranoia. Many years ago when I lived at another pad and first got into this hobby I had a UPS guy say something to me like "I'm wondering what it is you're building in there." Nice... I didn't sleep for a month... :eek: If you find more than one store within driving distance you can also spread out your purchases so you make half the visits you probably would to the one store.

Peace!:cool:

7thG said:
.... The seeds are in the dirt and one is stretching. But, I figured it be aite because i was gonna hit them with my hps today(maybe get a mh later). So there I am everthing ready to go, even put some water on my seedlings......poland springs!....

Any suggestions as to a possible wallet friendly remedy would be greatly appreciated.

HPS are for flowering and MH are for veg. I would "hit them" with a MH not a HPS

Poland Springs may have many unwanted salts, I would be careful using it.

Latest posts

Back