Spider mites help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wikkedsun

Reaction score
Ive been getting a serious case of spider mites and i mean serious, its killed almost ten of my plants, the plants have two more weeks to go until flowering so i didnt want to spray any pesticides onto the nugs or leaves, so ive tried using organicid it works partially but theyre still there. i use neem oil as well. somone told me maybe my intake was the problem so i put some stockings on sort of like a filter. any suggestions id love to hear. im using soil theyre in 5 gallon buckets and ten gallon buckets.

Try aspirin. You can use up to 15 a gal. Start with 4 or 5. Use it as a foliar spray. I have used this for years.

would asprin hurt it even if there isnt any spider mites , id rather do that to prevent any in the future just incase?

Uk1 said:
would asprin hurt it even if there isnt any spider mites , id rather do that to prevent any in the future just incase?
The only side effect i've noticed is the smell of aspirin in my plants...and alot less headaches...lol.

lol nice , off to look in my cupboard for the asprin then , maybe since ive just repotted a baby it wont be stressed from its headache haha

plain old aspirin? just drop tabs into my sprayer?it kills the mites or is it more of a preventive thing? it wont hurt the buds will it?

I had a very BIG problem with spider mites about 7 weeks into flowering,I bit the bullet harvested my plants,and then did a huge cleaning of EVERYTHING.Then when i was done cleaning EVERYTHING with bleach and water,I bombed the whole area with DR.DOOM,then after that i cleaned EVERYTHING again and i havent had a problem yet(knock wood)You have to really clean your whole set up cause they will go into hibernation and will come back when the conditions are right and you got plants back in there.SO all i can say is clean,clean,clean and when you think that its clean, clean again,that is the ONLY way to get rid of these lady killers.Hope this helps and good luck on your grow:farm:

i bought something made by aspirin maker bayer:

BAYER ADVANCED Insect killer
it kills over 100 types of insects, i mixed some of that with some soap and half water, i spray my plants everytime they come back from outside and i havent had ny reactions to it..the bayer stuff is milky like aspirin.:)

Really? Can you buy that stuff anywhere or online? Cus i have a bit of a spider mite prob myself.

Whats in this pesticide that works so well? I try to stay as non-toxic as I can - EPA pesticide acute toxicity level class IV, no higher. Always follow PPE (personal protective equipment) guidlines EPA WPS revised 1992. Thats to be spraying in my room. I certainly do not consume anything treated with pesticides class III and up. The horror list is too well proven and non-debatable to *me*. Speaking only for myself. I wouldnt touch anything that had been Doomed or fogged or even lightly sprayed with Pyrethiums - partly because of the Pyretheum mostly the "other ingredents" are worse by far than the active one. Dr. Doom contains PBO and MGK 264.

Permethrin, a common synthetic Pyrethoid for spidermites has an REI of 24 hours. REI - thats the minimum mandatory time period you need to wait before re-entering the treated area. This is stuff people mix with water and walk into their growroom with and start blasting away... If you arent supposed to even *step into* the area for 24 hours what do you think the levels are like while you are fogging your plants with it? Are you opting to not breath and are you coated in some seriously resistant outfit? A long sleeve T and jeans and tennis shoes provides no measurable protection from something like this: Pyretheum alone is class III EPA. The requirement by law is that workers must wear HEPA type respirators, tyvex heavy resistant jumpers, special plastic shoe covers, hair covered, eyes covered, special thick gloves all opening taped off. Do you do that? If not you are providing less protection than the US government mandates (and I consider this source to be lack to the point of laughability - the EPA is not what you call efficient or particularly cautious in these areas.

Food for thought. Oh and thats just spraying it. There is no way I would ingest something sprayed with toxins so strong you cant expose your skin to it without a measurable increase in your cancer probability - I see a lot of cancer these days, everyone's grandparents seem to die of it... I dont want to, really dont.

Al

i totally agree with you Al, as i am 100% chemical with my ferts i am very hesitant in using any chemical pesticides, i use H2O2 to kill larvae in water and try keep things controlled, i had 2 encounters with mites strangely mine didnt mess my grow too much they would only occupy a single bud and munch then more to the next so they only cost me like 1/3 of 1 plants only, i think when you mess with them without killing them you are spreading the problem since i see too many people say that they killed whole plants! and pesticides are very dangerous IMO they take it forgranted that your using them right but fact is that if you raise the concentration of a pesticide it will last much longer on the plant and it raises too much the probability of cancer it's not something i like to mess with, when i harvest i would clean up very well and get a strong household pesticide like raid or baygon and spray my room shut exhaust and leave for a day then clean again. in the meantime i am having a problem with flying pests i am 5 weeks in flowering and have decided to let them be just use H2O2 to kill larvae have some sticky strips and wait till harvest, plants growing great still, no sign of mites tho

Latest posts

Back