Sprout is white, then purple then green from ground up?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Voodooman

Reaction score
So I'm on about the 8th day of germination. On the 4th day the sprouted root were of a sufficent length to transport to soil. I have to seeds germinating. One of them is green with the seed coat looking as though it is about to shed off--looks fine to me. The other does not look so good. From the seed down it starts green, then there is about 3mm of purple seperating the green from the bottom white that goes into the soil. I noticed the purple last night and thought I'd wait till next morning to jump to any conclusions. Next morning is right now, is my plant fucked, if so, is there anyway to fix it? The good plant I notice a slight change for the better from last night to this morning, whereas the 'bad' plant I notice no changes, it looks the same with that layer of purple separation still there.

Voodooman said:
So I'm on about the 8th day of germination. On the 4th day the sprouted root were of a sufficent length to transport to soil. I have to seeds germinating. One of them is green with the seed coat looking as though it is about to shed off--looks fine to me. The other does not look so good. From the seed down it starts green, then there is about 3mm of purple seperating the green from the bottom white that goes into the soil. I noticed the purple last night and thought I'd wait till next morning to jump to any conclusions. Next morning is right now, is my plant f$^ked, if so, is there anyway to fix it? The good plant I notice a slight change for the better from last night to this morning, whereas the 'bad' plant I notice no changes, it looks the same with that layer of purple separation still there.
Your plant is fine mang. Nothing to worry about IMHO. ;)

Latest posts

Back