start on 24 and out the door..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyingNatural

You snooze,you lose....
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I will be attempting my first "knowledgeable" outdoor grow this season, in the Northeast. I am an indoor grower and want to try something different. A mix of NL, WW, NLxWW seeds were planted 4/10/08 after sprouting with a traditional method. I have a nice mountainside home scouted and cleared. They will be placed directly in the ground.
My question(s) is:
If I start seed indoor supplying 24 hours of light and place them outdoors when the last frost is known to pass, will the light cycle outdoors create problems for the [hopefully] little ladies, specifically hermies? Or should I mimic the outdoor cycle? I was also considering clones taken from moms already outdoors seated in their final resting place. I apologize if these seem like newb questions, I am used to the controlled environment in the growroom. I appreciate your feedback;)
FlyingNatural

Hi there. Good to see some NE outdoor growers on here. I am also in the mountains in the northeast. For your plants, I would try to mimic the outdoor environment. I would keep the plants on 14-15 hours of light until you can put them outside. I believe the frost date is coming up in a week or so, isn't it? Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

Thanks alot for the input,i am always steered in the right direction around here :)

Latest posts

Back