still not showing sex

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneshot

Reaction score
Useing a 3 gallon DWC system and iam almost 3 weeks into the flowering.It was getting a little light, i didnt know about the light getting in,on 4th day of no light at night..
.so i built a light tight cover for it..my ? is,do I go to the third weeks nutes??the plant is going wild!I mean its getting about 5 ft tall.Any thoughts out there,,also I am useing 3 part floral..plus iam useing 150watt HPS..
hope someone might help.
thanks
oneshot

Hello Oneshot :)

How many hours of total and utter darkness is the plant getting per 24 hours?

:peace:

its getting 12 to 13 hours of darkness.I didnt do the transtion time to it..this is my first grow..but its really growing..
thanks
oneshot

Ok guys ,shuld I go to the 3rd week of nute??or start again..Theplant on the warmer days are useing sometimes 5 to 6 or more cups of water..I have to add nutes to the res as the PPM of nutes drop to low..the PH runs around 5.5 to maybe 6 but it seems to love it cuss in this last week its shotup about a foot or more..new leaves are shooting out all over the place..also I cut my light to only 11hr a daylight..and 13 of darkness........
any help would be great..
thank you all..
oneshot

I would go to the "bloom" mix and pretty much stay there for the duration until you are ready to flush and chop. If they get much taller you may want to bend them to keep things manageable if you are indoors.

Your light is really not big enough for a 5' plant. The power of a 150W is limited and it will not penetrate very far. It is also only good for around 3 sq ft of grow space. It may be shooting up because it does not have enough light. I would also recommend that you go with a 12/12 light schedule. A schedule of 11/13 has no benefits and slows down both bud and THC production.

iam useing closepins to hold the branchs down and its still growing faster!new leaves shooting out at every stem,new growth everywhere.its so green ,ive never seen plants this green..hemp goddess my grow area is very small.also the plant is about 4ft tall,done remesured it..
would adding the nute when watering to keep the PPM up there cause this?
thank you all again
oneshot

Can we get a pic of your plant? I am guessing that the wild growth is actually your plant stretching for the light. What is the internodal spacing on your plant? How big is your space?

with using a 150 watt hps with the initial lumens of 16,000 and a 4' plant, I would say that the rapid growth you are experiencing is stretch. This stretch is caused from not enough lumens and/or the plant to far way from the light. This will make your plant extremely weak and have a tendency to topple over once buds start forming. The buds just below the main/top cola will be fluffly and not much bulk. What many call "popcorn buds". This is also caused from not enough lumens...May suggestion is...If you want 4'+ tall plants get a bigger light. If you want to lst/micro grow a 150 watt would work.

pcduck
yes ,i keep adding closespins to and its keeping the plant at around 3.5ft tall now.growing room about 3ft square or there abouts.
thought,what if i keep it in the dark for 24hrs or more? i will post pictures as soon as my new video card comes in for my computer,this is the misses!have a great dslr camera.one more thing,i use gh 3part nutes,so if i leave out the N and just use the PK PART WOULD THAT HELP?

keeping it in the dark will just make it stretch more

GH 3 part comes in Micro, Grow and Bloom, they all contain trace amount of N.

pcduck
thanks and yes its a female not a dought in my mind...iam still useing the pins to hold it down,buds are comming on everywhere..cut way back on lower branches,i hear it stuns them but np yet,gjust getting better thank all and iam understand the game now..never had problem with the GH 3 part nutes..
smile
oneshot

Latest posts

Back