Stopping Smoking for a Week or so

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thebest

Reaction score
Okay,
I have tried this before, but I didn't really make it past day 1. I am now on day two, and its not that hard. I am stopping for a little while, only because my intake has exceeded close to if not a half an ounce a day. My lungs are burnt out and they need some time to calm down! The reason I am smoking a half, is because we have this brick b/s weed and thats all anyone wants to buy. Its cheep, you can smoke more of it... and I don't know what the point of that is... but thats how it goes. In order to find the goodies, you have to look, and I am just so swamped I can't afford to do that right now. I figured stopping for awhile will lower my tollerance and make smoking more enjoyable. Anyone ever tried this? Does it work? How long did you stop for? Any comments would be great. I plan on journalizing a little, just to help with the waiting.

When I have stopped for a while, I find the first one knocks you off your feet. But a day or two and my tolerance is back up.

thebest said:
Its cheep, you can smoke more of it... and I don't know what the point of that is... but thats how it goes.

Problem is what you are doing is getting more of the bad stuff. This is why growing your own potent semsimilla is better, you need less to get to the same level, without all the tar from smoking a lot of plant material.

thebest said:
I plan on journalizing a little, just to help with the waiting.

A grow journal would be the way to go :)

I can't grow right now. Not in a good place to do so. But, thanks for the feed back, I appreciate it. I have grown a few times, and I would deffinatly prefer to grow, rather than buy. But, given the sercumstance, its just not something I can do at the momment.

wakebud77 said:
I usually smoke 2-3 days a week, plus before bed, and when pain tells me its time

I smoke usually everyday, at least 2-5 times a day. Depending on who I am hanging out with. I would always smoke before bed, now I am taking a sleeping aid, to help with the tossing and turning.

Sleeping before bed is pure win. I sleep the best that way.... Nothing wakes me up. Just a deeper sleep for me.

But hey man, In the last 2-3 weeks, Ive smoked, 2-3 times on the herb, and 9-15 times on half-*** resin.

I cant wait to really be able to hit some good herb again.
Sometimes when the wife is bitching and nagging non-stop:angrywife:,
and the kids are trying to be a pain:baby: , The only alternative to getting
pissed off and arguing with everybody, Is jumpin on the nearest green cloud
and riding out the storm while lookin down from my nice, calm, cloud 420.

:fly:

I definatly believe a couple joints a day, keeps the stress away:D:tokie: :tokie:

I quit too. :( Well for a few weeks anyways. I have a wound trying to heal and smoking is slowing it down. My dr has asked me several times if I smoke, and I always tell him no since I don't smoke cigs....but maybe my issue is the weed. Who knows. I just wanna heal so my mj use is put on the back burner until I make some good progress.

Now...back to my brownies which I hate. I much prefer the instant, controlled high of smoking. :(

Brownies get you gone though! I remember back in the day when I had some brownies in school, wasn't feeling anything for a couple periods was like "***". Out of nowhere it had me and I was GONE.

morning all. you got my vote of confidence Thebest. good luck. you'll have to stop kicking it with the buds you toke with for the time you want to stop. don't worry, they'll be there when you return. gotta put your mind frame somewhere else. it's hard. do something you've been putting off for awhile. do it alone, or with your woman. if you got a 'lil lady, lean on her.
she will most likely be your biggest support. think of it this way; if you was on probation, and had to drop in 2-3 weeks, guarantee you'd drop clean. you gotta put all things aside that make you think about lighting up. just do it. good luck brother...bb...

The longer you go, the easier it gets. At the beginning of this summer I hadn't smoked for four years. The whole summer I would get high off one or two hits of schwag. I've got my tolerance back now after months, but man, those first few weeks I could barely handle the weed. I think when your brain forgets how to handle the high is when you gut the most messed. Smoking weed again IS NOT like getting back on a bike.

aslan king said:
When its time its time. You know when its time. Sometimes its time for something else and when that time comes you know.

If you know what I mean, you know what I mean.

Use it don't abuse it. It will abuse you back.

"....oh, now hes a philosaphizer"

Iron Lotus said:
Sleeping before bed is pure win. I sleep the best that way.... Nothing wakes me up. Just a deeper sleep for me.

I cant wait to really be able to hit some good herb again.
Sometimes when the wife is bitching and nagging non-stop:angrywife:,
and the kids are trying to be a pain:baby: , The only alternative to getting
pissed off and arguing with everybody, Is jumpin on the nearest green cloud
and riding out the storm while lookin down from my nice, calm, cloud 420.

:fly:

I definatly believe a couple joints a day, keeps the stress away:D:tokie: :tokie:

I couldn't have said it better my man. I definatly agree, smoking before bed... 100% and Smoking pot has reduced my rage to fight with people. I let things slide and look at it in a different light. Now being off pot for 3 days going on 4... It's really not that hard. But, I do miss it! It was nice to come home after a long day of work and smoke a blunt! It just made everything go away. No more worries, just calming, soothing, relaxing, everything good! haha. But either way, my lungs are enjoying the fresh air. Like I said, I deff plan on getting some very nice smoke for when I come back to it!

SmokinMom said:
I quit too. :( Well for a few weeks anyways. I have a wound trying to heal and smoking is slowing it down. My dr has asked me several times if I smoke, and I always tell him no since I don't smoke cigs....but maybe my issue is the weed. Who knows. I just wanna heal so my mj use is put on the back burner until I make some good progress.

Now...back to my brownies which I hate. I much prefer the instant, controlled high of smoking. :(

Yeah man, deffinatly if your doctor has been asking you if you smoke, and you keep saying no... he/she might be hinting something ;). Health is important, without it, you wouldn't be able to somke either way... So take care of that medical problem for sure! Brownies... Yes, good ol' brownies, I use to mess around with baking them, making the butter... too much of a hassle if you ask me. But! it is much healthier, for your lungs at least... Now a days, people are so hopped up on calorie counting they take up smoking to lose weight! can you believe it!. And for those of you who smoke ciggs to lose weight, I recomend Coffee, and some rutiene jogging! It will do your life wonders! Just don't over do it on the coffee! Well, im here with ya man, can't smoke right now, so I just picked up other stuff. Working harder is one of them! haha, I figure if I keep my mind occupied, I wont have the erge to smoke as much. But its not just a mental habbit, Im so use to the smoking aspect that I feel like I should be smoking something!!! But I too quit ciggs, and I don't want to go back to that life!

banjobuzz said:
morning all. you got my vote of confidence Thebest. good luck. you'll have to stop kicking it with the buds you toke with for the time you want to stop. don't worry, they'll be there when you return. gotta put your mind frame somewhere else. it's hard. do something you've been putting off for awhile. do it alone, or with your woman. if you got a 'lil lady, lean on her.
she will most likely be your biggest support. think of it this way; if you was on probation, and had to drop in 2-3 weeks, guarantee you'd drop clean. you gotta put all things aside that make you think about lighting up. just do it. good luck brother...bb...

True story. Yeah I told all my toker buddies I was taking a little break. They support it and some want to do the same. I fortunetly have a stronger will-power than them, but thats just how it works out. They will stop when they find time in their lives to stop. Right now, I am stopping and I started to pick up on something. I started lookin into buying a motorcycle with the money Im saving with not buying weed. I am planning on getting it for the spring next year, but I want to buy it now, that way I get the winter discounts!! I figured this was a good plan, good motivation, and it will keep me focused on my goal. Who knows. I might now smoke for more than just a week!

I totally understand where your coming from thebest, and it shows your still human (hehe) and in control of what you do :)

that would be hard to do if you had several qt jars full of kick arse smoke in your closet,huh.really i have some days that i do not smoke all day.but the hell of it is,i am always thinking about what i have stashed when i am trying to go all day.hehe. then i get down on it in the evening,munch out,smoke some more and fall smooth out.sleep like a baby

I didn't smoke for 10 years during my 20's I was busy having babies (3 of them and all boys) and raising them. it was choice. just didn't have the desire then...

but when they became teen's I found it useful again and have been enjoying it since.:D

it's all good. enjoy your time off.

ooohhhhhh yeah, chicks dig bikes.
sounds like you know what you want. grab it bro. hold on tight.
only you can make this happen.

myself,
i'm a tractor man. slow-n-easy...bb...

Latest posts

Back