STTTTTTREEEEETTTTTTCCCCCHHHH! (help)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

popart

Reaction score
2nd grow -- started some seeds and just stuck them in the window! It's summer here so they're getting like 16-18 hrs sunlight. I am thinking they have some wicked stretch - but thought I should check with you guys.
I was thinking of putting right into bloom when I harvest my 1st grow. But I think they look too skinny. Should I top em, and veg em for another couple weeks? or put them into bloom? See pic attached (hopefully) they are about 14"-16" tall. I think I have 2 females and a male. I'm going to keep him for seeds. Any suggestions on how to do that?

weed2.jpg

You said that you normally put them in the window. From what I've read, that's not a good idea, because the light that comes through the window is attenuated. Do you keep it under lights also? If it were me, I'd either permanently put it outside, or keep it inside, under lights.

No - these are the first seeds I've used natural light on. I have a small closet grow and am waiting to harvest one final plant - then the little guys are going in -- just not sure if I should veg em first, or go right to bloom?

If you're using sunlight you have no choice but to let them vegetate.

Right - but I'm waiting for one plant to be ready to harvest and move out of the closet. When I put the little guys in -- do I set the time for 18 hrs - veg, or 12-hour bloom?

OK, I understand now. You can do either one. Plants can be put into a 12/12 lighting schedule from seed. Considering that they're already pretty tall, why not put them into flowering as soon as you put them in the closet? I say this, because once you put them into flowering they will undergo another 2-3 weeks of stretch. Do you know how to low stress train your plants? Plus, you can top them, and/or pinch them in order to keep them shorter. Look up the information in our "Resources" area at the top of the page, and you'll see what I'm talking about.

try to keep your plants in direct sunlight while your waiting on your room to empty. remember the sun rises and sets in opposite directions, so you cant just leave em in front of one particular window. hopefully you will get the veg growth you want before your ready to flower.

Latest posts

Back