Super-Simple cloning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried this 7 days ago and so far so good. All the tops are still green. I had a hard time finding stems long enough to get the require 6" into the cup. Mine barely fit because my plastic cups are a little under the solo size. Also did clear cups inside of the solos so I can check the roots.

Still can't see any roots yet but not worried since this was mostly a practice run on how to clone. Will be taking my real clones later this week.

Update: so here are some pics at around 12 days. The first batch of 6 are all still alive (the test patients) and two look pretty lame. One has fabulous roots growing down in the cup. It is important to note that temps were very low during this first experiment.
IMG_9835.JPG

Now have 9 more clones in cups, and all are looking gorgeous after on day 3. I am misting them once/twice a day- just because :D

Here are the same clones after 6 days. They have had 1/4 cup of 1/4 strength tea once from bottom and once from top. The gel hormone I used has worked really well, once or twice I misjudged the depth and the last node was near the surface. They've grown roots into the air. Purple Cup front row. There are see through cups inside the colored cups with holes poked in the bottom.
EASY CLONES IMG_0125.JPG

Could this be done using dry nutes? If i mixed a little into the soil or top dressed it? <-- Referring to the Super-Simple cloning method.

sMACk

Very good info, but I'm kinda confused about using a dome or not using a dome. How do you decide on which way to go? I've read some do and some don't. Just wondering because I'm having a hard time cloning. Thanks.

Tastyness you dont need 6in clones as long as you have 2 sunleaves to cut off you should have no problems.

sMACk I dont uses nutes on clones til they are showing plenty of roots

Linzwa It's all in trying serveral different cloning methods and finding the one that works best for you

linzwa said:
Very good info, but I'm kinda confused about using a dome or not using a dome. How do you decide on which way to go? I've read some do and some don't. Just wondering because I'm having a hard time cloning. Thanks.

Living here in Colorado relative humidity is very low most of the time. A humidity dome is a must when first taking cuttings. All my cuttings get there own dome using quart Ziplock bags. They fit perfect on my 4 inch pots. I generally have to keep them in there bags up to 14 days. Letting them out at least once a day for a moment. This allows me to give each cutting individual attention based on how easy the strain clones. When taking a cutting I saturate to soil with a dose of SubCulture M, Mycorrhizal Root Inoculant. Plus dipping the cutting in the same solution before planting. Here is a picture of all of my current cuttings. The front five all just came out of there bags today. All were cut on different days. As long as no wilt they stay out. Doing great! Hope this helps some.:)

View attachment 208151

Latest posts

Back