SUPERthrive??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Superthrive.....I love it.

I personally use superthrive every feeding from clone thru last couple weeks of flower, full strength, 1 ml per gallon. Been doing so for a year or so now faithfully.

Similar to B1, as Superthrive contains B1.

What I have noticed is thicker stalks and an end to alot of......shall we say...weird "nuit like" issues such as funky leaves or weird growth. Kinda hard to explain. I guess just overall REAL healthy plants, though I don't attribute it soley..at all, to superthrive. It is just an insurance policy for me.

It also contains 1-Naphthaleneacetic acid. I know crazy stuff. Not to worry...all good. Basically a rooting,Veg hormone. Technically, it is a synthetic Auxin. Auxins are plant hormones also.
Steroids for plants, but real gentle.

Snake oil....no sir...it does serve a purpose.

Is it needed, not really. You can grow some mighty fine dank without it.

But for me, it's a little insurance policy on my plants health. I can't afford sick plants.

LOL! Every time I encounter a post regarding the alleged benefits of Superthrive or questions about its effectiveness, I am reminded of a published article by a longtime and very well-respected GW member who refers to the stuff as "SuperJIVE". Just exactly what is it?? No one, other than the originator, knows for sure and he is not divulging the ingredients. It reputedly contains vitamins (B1) and plant growth regulators but in such low concentrations as to be virtually almost entirely water once diluted according to directions.

It does have a pretty impressive marketing presence, with full page ads in various trade and horticultural publications and a rather strong following of proponents who swear by the stuff, pot growers in particular if Google hits mean anything. But what it poses in anecdotal reports it lacks entirely in any kind of scientific testing. Odd that a product that has been on the market as long as this (since the 40's, I believe) has never produced any peer-reviewed scientific evidence to support its claims.

It flies under the EPA radar by not calling itself a 'fertilizer' and it is restricted from sale in various states as well as Canada simply because it is not EPA regulated and also appears to contain 1-Napthyl acetic acid, a non-regulated pesticide. If you have it, you might as well use it but I'd not go out of my way to buy anything that I could not confirm the ingredients on and that is unsupported by any real testing. And is dang expensive to boot. I would caution against applying in anything more than the recommended dilution rate as it does contain synthetic auxin, the same growth regulator that was used in defoliants in Viet Nam and could actually be harmful to plants if applied too frequently or in excess.

Haha I just re read this and dude is saying opposite what I said. I love the internet!

Again, I like it and noticed a more robust plant, but it not because of 1 item, thats for sure. There is no "Magic" anything you can do for your plant, and I admit the packaging is a little over the top. But I did my homework and talked to many old skoolers which lead me to give it a try.
I'm happy, and my show is rockin', so as the saying goes...."If it ain't Broke....."

haha...Definatley not a defoliant.

I gotta say man, the packaging again is friggin crazy. They make it FULL on like Snake Oil. It took alot of convincing for me to even try it.

IMO it's like everything man has made if you use enough of it it will kill.

I use it and have fr yrs guess it's all in how you were taught to grow. If it work for you go for it.

I tried it many years ago and didn't notice much difference between that and other B1 products. One thing Superthrive does do is guarantee one sale for just about every indoor grower for the hydro shop....:huh::D

I think its cuz of all those old grow books that mention it....:bong:

Vitamin B1 does have many uses though... and it has a funky smell!

:ciao:

I didn't use it in the water for my clones this time and had about a 75% success my last 2 times were 100% success with it. I did notice that but past that point zero change. I'll keep it for clones and in first two weeks. Once i start nutes ill drop it off.

Latest posts

Back