Switching Back to Vegging?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kthugga

Reaction score
I started the floweing period about a week and a half ago. However, I want to switch it back over to vegging because i relized that the plant needed more growing. Would this harm the plant and would it be alright. Would i still get bud

I'd say keep it in flowering, it will still grow bigger. Reverting back to veg can reduce yield / potency.

it would prob. go back into vegg....but its going to slow down the whole process.....and it will actully kinda mess with the plant to go from Vegg, to flower...back to vegg, and back to flower again.

I would suggest just letting it flower from here.....i started flowering (12/12) from seed.
my plants grew a ton, and im going to have a good yeild.

how big are your girls now??

almost 2 feet tall....there not very filled out tho. i wish i had a camra to shoot some pics..

ok 2 feet tall is more than perfect for flowering.
Just let it grow man....it will work out..

the plant will continue to grow even though it's been switched to flowering. it will fill out lots... just let it grow and watch. I bet u they will end up being at LEAST 3 feet high by the time you harvest... if not larger....:D

Malevolence said:
I'd say keep it in flowering, it will still grow bigger. Reverting back to veg can reduce yield / potency.
no offence, i gotta differ from this opinion. i rejuninate a couple of my harvested ladies, in bigger containers and i always get bigger and better stuff the 2nd time around. if your going to revert her back to veggie cycle, you should think of a bigger planter also...the size difference would be unreal.

octobong007 said:
no offence, i gotta differ from this opinion. i rejuninate a couple of my harvested ladies, in bigger containers and i always get bigger and better stuff the 2nd time around. if your going to revert her back to veggie cycle, you should think of a bigger planter also...the size difference would be unreal.

Are you talking about plants that you've harvested bud from, THEN returned to veg?

If so, that might be different than what he's describing....flowering for 1.5 weeks, then returning to veg prior to harvest....

ETA: was it always the case that your re vegged ladies brought a bigger crop the second time around? I ask because I am about to harvest a white widow that I harvested last June, then returned to veg. This was the first time I've tried to rejuvenate a plant, but the buds on this one look sort of slender (week 9 of flower). Did I do something wrong?

yeah is all good harvesting from a plant then re vegging ive done it ,but doing it to a plant thats been budding for a week n a half would stress the plant hard an yeah take longer to re vert

yes, all the plants i've rejuvied were from a harvest, and yes on the bigger better yields second time around...as long as you put her in at least twice as a container each revegged, so her roots can take off again. if you start a lady into flowering then take her back out, you'll still want to put her in a larger container for her roots, and you'll definately stunt her growth for awhile...best bet is harvest her. i'm downsizing and cloning off my best right now. my northern lights thats going to get rejuvied is coming out of a 20 ounce mountain dew bottle...in a gallon, then 3, then 5...each harvest.
if your wanting to just put that ladie back into veg its up to you, just compensate for the root system you have built up, and it'll definately take longer. all the luck to ya.

i turned my plants to 12/12 when they were only 6 inches tall for 4 days then i switch back to veg and let them veg untill they are about 12-13 tall.. but in your case its better to continue flower because you switched to 12/12 for about 2 weeks als 2ft as i know is a perfict size for flowering..

octobong007 said:

Thats a new thing i just learned!! so after harvest you can use the same plant and veg again and harvest again ??:eek: how is that??

then why most growers start with fresh clones or new seeds each grow?

whats the advantges and disadvantges of rejuninate??

Thanks

red_ss said:
Thats a new thing i just learned!! so after harvest you can use the same plant and veg again and harvest again ??:eek: how is that??

Thanks
anyone?! by the way i just kept it flowering i will post some pics later.

red_ss said:

Thanks

I think its a time/hassle issue---It takes a little more work to re-veg a plant and its often easier/less time consuming to just start with a fresh clone.

First off, you can't just chop the plant down at harvest....you have to individually and carefully remove each bud. Then the plant goes into a confused state for a few weeks.

I tried re-vegging 4 of my plants that I harvested last June and here was my experience: 3 of them died. One survived but was sort of 'stalled' for about 2 months (meaning it barely grew, but stayed alive). It also did weird things, like the leaves (for a while) grew in circles. Also some of the branches would sprout new leaves and those leaves would dry up right away and die for no good reason. You also have to re-pot them which imo is a pain.

After 6 months of vegging (it took it that long to get it healthy looking), I switched the lights to 12/12. It is now in week 9 of flower and the buds are plentiful, but not very large

So in the time it took me to re-harvest this plant (8 months) I could have grown and harvested several crops from seed or clone. But if you are in a situation where you don't have any more seeds or clones, then by all means re-veg.

Hope that helps

Rehab is for Quitters said:
I think its a time/hassle issue---It takes a little more work to re-veg a plant and its often easier/less time consuming to just start with a fresh clone.

First off, you can't just chop the plant down at harvest....you have to individually and carefully remove each bud. Then the plant goes into a confused state for a few weeks.

I tried re-vegging 4 of my plants that I harvested last June and here was my experience: 3 of them died. One survived but was sort of 'stalled' for about 2 months (meaning it barely grew, but stayed alive). It also did weird things, like the leaves (for a while) grew in circles. Also some of the branches would sprout new leaves and those leaves would dry up right away and die for no good reason. You also have to re-pot them which imo is a pain.

After 6 months of vegging (it took it that long to get it healthy looking), I switched the lights to 12/12. It is now in week 9 of flower and the buds are plentiful, but not very large

So in the time it took me to re-harvest this plant (8 months) I could have grown and harvested several crops from seed or clone. But if you are in a situation where you don't have any more seeds or clones, then by all means re-veg.

Hope that helps
:cool: Thanks bro.. thats a good new info i just learned..

i guess its better for me to avoid re vegging and start fresh in the future:D

Rehab is for Quitters said:

Hope that helps

that was quite the reading job there. unfortunately i think ya took far too much off and gave them too much nutes...

ok, i got white widow and just chopped her a week ago...she's revegging and has new growth and is looking great. when you reveg...or rejuvinate your lady, you leave the bottom third of the plant...you can get those spider buds later. after you got you TWO THIRDS off her, put her in at least twice as big container with NEW SOIL. flush her really good, with water only...put her under her veggie lights back on at least 18/6 and with a week you'll be impressed. NO NUTES FOR A WEEK. then start nutes like it would be "vegitation 1"...the lightweight stuff.

i always start my ladies in the bottom of a 2 liter bottle, then upgrade to 1 gallon, 3 gallon, then 5. if that strain is worth it, i'll clone. any questions just give a shout...if you enjoy growing, you'll love rejuvination. all the luck to ya. ;-)

EDITED: i'm sure everyone already knows this, but you cant rejuvy an auto-flowering plant.

EDITED: i'm sure everyone already knows this, but you cant rejuvy an auto-flowering plant.

what is an auto-flowering plant? i have never heard that before.

i've never had any of those, the ones that flower on their own, even in veg...not sure of the strands. lowrider i'm guessing is one???

octobong007 said:
that was quite the reading job there. unfortunately i think ya took far too much off and gave them too much nutes...

ok, i got white widow and just chopped her a week ago...she's revegging and has new growth and is looking great. when you reveg...or rejuvinate your lady, you leave the bottom third of the plant...you can get those spider buds later. after you got you TWO THIRDS off her, put her in at least twice as big container with NEW SOIL. flush her really good, with water only...put her under her veggie lights back on at least 18/6 and with a week you'll be impressed. NO NUTES FOR A WEEK. then start nutes like it would be "vegitation 1"...the lightweight stuff.

i always start my ladies in the bottom of a 2 liter bottle, then upgrade to 1 gallon, 3 gallon, then 5. if that strain is worth it, i'll clone. any questions just give a shout...if you enjoy growing, you'll love rejuvination. all the luck to ya. ;-)

I didn't give any nutes until 2 months of veg when it started taking off. I did repot in 10 gal pots with new soil (miracle grow). These were all white widows btw grown from seed. I'm sure I took too much off tho cause I took everything off. By the time I was done with it --it looked like a Charlie Brown Christmas tree. A bunch of stark branches with a few random leaves.

And regarding your advice to only harvest the top two-thirds--I've got bud on the bottom third. You expect me to leave perfectly good smokable bud there without snatching it? Who do you think I am, Ghandi?

Okay I'll try your method on my next harvest and see if it works for me. :48:

Latest posts

Back