switching from soil to Hydro?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Im thinking about switching my soil setup to a hydro! what are the benifits of a hydro setup? Faster grow time? Healthier? More yeild?

:2940th_rasta:

I used to grow dwc but for me it was a pain in the arse. Yes the yield was higher and finishing times were a bit faster but that was not worth it to me. Taking ph readings twice a day (not bad if you only have 1 small resivior, I had six 10 gallon tanks) , stabalizing the ph, water temp, changing neutriant solution on a weekly basis, the cost of keeping neuts in stock, all this was a headache to me but thats my experiance

I'm sure there are people love hydro but I'll just stick with soil for now.

if your only doing small time personal then hydro is the way to grow definetly IMO you can get the most out of 2 to 3 plants. Also controlling every aspect of the plants growth can be a pain if you have lots. If you only have a couple and growing is a passion its great

NIce...

I plan on a 36 plant setup.. and growing for personal, Soil is ggood for now but it seems that i can get a lot more from hydro.. Checking the soutions (i hope wont be that bad, but well see! lol, 36 plant table here i come! maybe? lol

"how much yield will i get from this plant"
its just one of those question

Also, do you think flowering them at 2 feet will be a good idea? or grow them to full potential?

depends, if your growing 36 it sounds like your after some serious bud, so youll prolly wanna veg them as much as you can if time isnt an issue

And don't forget grow room size. I put clone into flower after 5 days of root growth and they get to be 4' tall.

Flowering at 2' will give u a 3.5-5 foot end size of a plant.

damn. we started flowering orange bud at 15 inches high, how tall you reckon it will turn out kade?

probally more than that :) thats a lot of orange bud

Riz - depends on genetics. The more Indica the more likely it will double. I've had sativa dominant strains triple so Kade's est. seems right on the money.

Kushmaster - by personal do you mean yourself and a couple dozen friends? LOL. 36 plants :eek: You know even as a heavy smoker giving away to a friend I have more than enough with 4-5 plants a grow. I've never weighed my stuff out until this grow but will post totals when through cure (I do hydro).

Latest posts

Back