Temp. control!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TokeWithHope

24/7 toker
Reaction score
its for fans only, a/c has their own control panel u know?

TokeWithHope said:
ok if im going to be running a 6 in vortex exhaust fan, and also an oscillating fan i have 2 questions. 1. for the temp controll can i just plug the ac power cord for the fan into a temp controller such as the one in the link below?
http://www.nehydro.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=337&zenid=55528d5e91c22b710f3b536789f01a12

and 2. could i plug in one of those ac, splitters to run both of my fans from the temp controller? thanks guys
without checking the link, "I" would only be concerned with thermostatic control on my circulation/venting fans, leave the oscillating fan run 24.

yeah im not saying the ac im talking about the power cord for the fan. so do i simply plug in the controller to my power strip, plug in my fan to the temp controller and set the temp is that it??? and of course leave the oscillating fan run 24/7 thanks hick

Yeah thats it and it works great set your temps to your choice 75-80 then your thermostat will turn on your fan so you dont have to have it run 24/7

I think they make thermostats for a/c but im not sure google it. It would sure save electricity but when the a/c turns off it would go back on soon as temps would rise quickly. I just left mine on 24/7 I think this was because I had a sm a/c unit only 5,000btu's I should have gotton 12,000btu's It would have worked better.

ok and is it possible to run a thermostat and a fan speed controller or will i not need the controller?

I think ordering online is never legit! I just use online sites for browsing then I walk in and pay with cash. No paper trail.

You will not need the speed controller really. Your thermostat will turn it on for you and if its a big fan which it probably is or else you wouldn't need to a speed controller then it will exhaust that much quicker.

Be a good consumer don't rely on just one place shop around and get the best price. I like to try and haggle for a better price by saying that "so and so shop down there had it for this price but its to far for me to go mind droping down that price so I can save on gas" Whats the worst he can say No right. Ive done this and I got 10% off sometimes I like to go to different shops all the time because if your buying a lot of stuff from one place I think they get suspicious. I like to spread my money around.

no i know but the thing is there are no hydro shops anywhere close by me! the closest is maybe an hour and a half away plus the deal is really good i just wanted to know if u think they are legit. check the link out. and ya im using a 6'' vortex superfan with 449 cfm. cause my plan is to suck the air through a carbon filter then go through about a foot of ducting to my fan thats in the attic right on top of my box. then to shoot the air out a vent in the attic to the outside which is about 10 feet away. so i figure i need a decent amount of cfm to do this. do u think 449 is decent for what im trying to accomplish?

i just got a great deal on a vortex and temp control.. just be doing what killertea is sujesting....I called this morning to Hydro shop told them i could get the same product they was offering off the net for about 15% less then you want and would realy like to have it in hand befor the weekend...any way i can get that smae discount from you...he said you purchase them both and I will...I did...and My room is running at 82 at the hottest part of the day...I run my lights from 3pm-9am.....IMO I would call the hydro shop...ask for a discount for the travel you need to do...its worth it...I only have 2 hydro shops here..ones 15 miles the other about 55 miles...I dont mind the drive..to keep my secret mine..Good luck 2U

alright thanks for the help, damn that means its a drive to miami which is so far out of the way and i get 10 mpg,

just think of the money you save growing the best you ever had..

haha true that! but im a lil ways off from startin my grow, lol.

Its ok dude I ride my bike I dont have a car and I tell them that and there like oh really 20 miles! Oh ok I guess you can get it for this price. Its so worth it buddy really the fruit of your labor is so much sweeter because you grew it. Price it all out online then call and confirm that its in the store because you dont want to make that trip for nothing and let them know your driving far and you want to make sure. When you get there haggle with him a little bit just exaggerate the truth a little bit say you've been driving for an hr just to get there he may bend the price but it depends on how much your buying your likely to get a discount if your buy a lot. Ive saved so much money since I stopped buy bud. 300 a month im saving I love it

Your 6in vortex should be ok to do your job. Make sure the humidity is not to high or else the added moisture in the room will not help the activated charcoal when it gets to wet it doesnt work. But you should be ok though your just starting out. What are you doing about Intake? Do you have another vortex or are you just using what you have to create a vacuum and pull air in from outside your grow space. If so make sure you cut a hole a little larger then the exhaust and put the hole down at the bottom as this will help mix the air. This way the added pressure created doesnt put so much strain on your exhaust fan. Or use a damper valve.

http://www.bghydro.com/BGH/itemMatrix.asp?GroupCode=AFABDF00&eq=&MatrixType=1

Get a 6in flange this will spring back shut so you can run co2 if you want and dont have to worry about loosing co2.

kk well ima be driving over an hour to get there lol. im thinking about oing tomorrow. for intake i was thinking about just drilling a hole and using the elbow pvc to stop light leakage. but would u recommend the damper valve? cause its my first grow and idk if im rly ready to use c02 as well plus i wont have the money for a bit but i like having the option of being able to add it later. so if i get the damper valve how big should the intake hole be? well what affects the humidity?

Latest posts

Back