Thanks, Jbonez

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alistair

Reaction score
The last couple of grows I got sloppy careless with germinating and as a result I wasted a lot of seeds. I was using the paper towel method and I wasn't keeping the temperature high enough, plus, keeping the towels properly moist was a problem. So, I tried the advice that Jbonez gave in his sticky on germinating. I did a trial run and did pretty much like he advised, except I used 16 ounce Styrofoam cups instead of the larger containers he used, and I used plastic baggies instead of the water bottles. I planted four seeds, and in less than four days all of them germinated and popped the surface. As he he said, 100% success.

I like this method way better than the paper towel method, because all you do is water once and the soil stays moist without drying out at all. Actually, Jbonez isn't the only one who advised to germinate like that, so thanks to everyone who suggested germination in soil instead of other methods.

Thanks for the post. I will try this for my next grow.

Its the easiest thing to do just drop your seeds in luke warm water and wait for a day or so and they will germinate/crack/pop

t4

Great!

If one person can see results then im a happy guy!

glad things are working for ya!

be seein ya guys, decided to pop in for a bit, getting the new place in order, taking my time, stocking up on some killer gear. Look forward to some great B.O.G., Rez, DG, and other great strains in the future,

cya!

jbonez! can't wait to see ya back buddy! take care and be safe.

Yeah, it works well. It only makes sense, anyway. There's no planting tiny little sprouts, and then having to wait an additional 2-4 days for them to pop. I think this way is quicker than germinating first,then planting.

AY, are you simply putting your seeds in a glass of water? i've always germed this way. i have some very stubborn bubblegum x skush, or very thick shelled, and i am just testing them in water...

i think i may have to make a scuff box for these...this is a matchbox lined with 100-150 grit sand paper...put seeds in, and gently shake 'em back, and forth...this sands down the tough shelled beans, which in turn, makes it easier to germ...

good for you on the success rate AY...and good looking out J...

hope we see you back on board soon man...i'm still waiting patiently to see the new toys...:hubba: :cool: ...

Latest posts

Back