The Church........questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr.Greenbud

totus gnarus
Reaction score
I just recieved some seeds, "the church" by greenhouse seeds and on their website they say to ph water to 5.5-6.0 in a good medium.
Here is a clip from their site.

Usually within 48-72 hours the seeds swell and split their casing shell. Seeds can take up to 5-6 days to germinate, so be patient. When the white, initial root is visible at the crack in the seed casings the seed is ready to be planted. Soaking the seed after the root is exposed can result in early root damage. Plant the seeds in a clean, pH balanced medium (5.5-6.0). Point the tip of the root downwards. The medium should be loose and light with very good drainage. We suggest a blend of good quality soil and perlite, or rockwool. Cannabis seeds should be planted 2-5 mm deep, using containers at least 10 cm. deep to allow the initial tap root to grow straight down.

My question is about the ph level. I thought 6.5 was needed for soil grows, that's what i have always used before.
Also, these instructions above is for ALL their seeds, not just this strain.
So, question, what should i do? 5.5 6.0 6.5 ????????

Some strains like a little more or less acidic soil. This may be one of those strains, and they are giving you a heads up in advance. I would try it where they recomend and then if it seems to be not getting what it needs to thrive then I would adjust it up to the "norm" levels.

Ooops I just read the rest of your post...lol..hmmm I guess talk to some folks that have grown GHS gear...maybe all their stuff likes it a little more acidic. I've only used GHS 2 times, years ago, outdoors...and I didn't even bother checking pH.

so these are hydro seeds ? lol...i just ordered some of those.

Hello Dr.Greenbud :)

Strange name considering you come asking questions.

these instructions above is for ALL their seeds

What does that tell you?

Do as you have always done Dr.Greenbud.

Your system works.

:peace:

my friend

there is actually a difference between soil PH and jjsut plain water PH.

soil PH u want 6.5, hydro those boys have a lower PH...

good luck!
destroyer

Latest posts

Back