The Coliseum!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ohhh and that last message was for hemp goddess in case anyone else thought i was bein a little off balance with that. I wasnt intending for anyone else to take it offensive.

you know what? people gotta make their money tho.... Its human nature to want more and better things.

Dont get me wrong, its a bad thing people gotta get charged like that.... BUT!!!!! if you were to buy it out on the streets, u would be payin more then if you go to the club. My homeboys have sold oz's for $5-600 and its around 300 at the club. call it scheming, but to me, it sounds like a better deal then taking the risk of injury, robbery, law enforcement, and still payin 2/3 of what you might get it for on the streets. thats just me....

The Hemp GoddessWhile there are advanced methods that can help--topping said:
i could not agree more...no magic method. IMO any reasonable method done with care and understanding will produce good results.
with that said my method/s are the best:p :rolleyes: ;)

Liar mine are I got proof. Do you have a certificate stating "Best grower ever for the year infinity" on your wall cause I do. :D

Oh and pimpdaddycoolz (nice nick) where do you get your power from? Are you burning money to fuel your steam generator? Seriously, 250 dollars a month for two 600 watt lights? If you are flowering they are only running 12 hours a day. I pay 11 cents a kWh so it would cost me 52 dollars (give or take depending on how many days are in the month).

Math doesn't lie but apparently you do.

HAHAHAH seems like you dont wanna keep goin hemp goddess? but okay, im sensing a little hostility from you and tater. It didnt have to end up like this, i just asked a simple qusetion.....

And it is $250 a month tater, and your assumption of me being a liar is quite a bit hostile as well! JEESUUS! hahaha My records from previous months show approximately $300 and when i have my lights running, and my fan running, i have a bill of appr. $550. 4 months later when my lights are no longer in use, its back down to $300. where i live, we have one power company and we pay out of the *** for electricity.

Dont get me wrong i sat there and argued and argues with my mom on the electricity bills. The math might not lie, but niether do the bills homeboy!

and what is it to you whether i pay $250 a month or not? you act like its a physical impossibility of some sorts???

again, all i was asking about was the coliseum, i dont understand how your opinions on my growing techniques have anything to do with the question.

Isnt this supposed to be a "safe environment" for growers?

Its just a simple question. Coliseum or not??? can we get back on topic? should we delete the post?

Im not tryin to get hostile myself, i just wanted an answer.

and like you guys said, i dont believe that there is a superior method neccesarily. but its more like a sea of green type pf thing with 2 might bulbs. Im assuming, like you said, if i use that method under two regularly set up 600 watt ballast, i could get 6 lbs out of it. Im just assuming that if i had 360 degrees of light usage, on two bulbs, that my grow area would increase exponentially. to me, thats what the system seems to be about. no reflective hoods, just 360 degreees of growth.

It just seems like if i could take my hoods out of the equation i have now, and grow the same number of plants on top, and on the sides, that it would resemble the coliseum would it not?

http://www.eia.doe.gov/cneaf/electricity/epm/table5_6_b.html
Average price of electricity in California for 2008 up until April was 13.92 cents per killowatt hour.

So if you do the math on that it comes to drum roll please........ $33.32 per month per 600 watt light at a 12/12 schedule. So two 600 watts would cost..... tada $66.64 per month. So for your lights to be costing you 250 a month you would need to be running 8 600 watt lights at 12/12. So either you are running much more lights than you said you are (which would make you a liar) OR your electricity bills are not that high (which would make you a liar) OR your electricity bills are that high but the power draw is coming from somewhere else (which would make you uninformed about your own situation).

As far as me being hostile, not at all I just call em like I see em. And anyone that comes in here wanting to grow 6lbs of dope a cycle and claiming not to be a drug dealer is usually a doctor no wait that not it. They are usually a drug dealer. Its like that old saying, if it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck and walks like a duck its probably a duck.

This was the clincher though:
Your correct, it is a commercial type of grow, but 1 grow would last my friends/family and i all year on 6 pounds. selling to them would get my money back and be a quick and easy set up, correct?

You admit to being a drug dealer after telling everyone you aren't a drug dealer. How does that make sense? Nobody does all that work for one indoor grow, if they wanted just 6 lbs over that entire year for you and your family why not spread it out and do it over multiple grows throughout the year? Maybe because you are a drug dealer?

okay, you can call me a drug dealer. thats fine, i sell WEED all day long, does it matter to you?

The difference between me and a DRUG DEALER, in my opinion.... A drug dealer doesnt mind the harm he does to people when selling illegal substances. I look at my scenerio as more of a CANNABIS CLUB... I sell to people (FAMILY AND FRIENDS) who have their medical cards. i dont stand on a corner sellin crystals and Heroine. what im doing isnt illegal, so no I DONT CONSIDER MYSELF A DRUG DEALER. and if you consider marijuana a DRUG, then why are you here? why are any of us here?

Personally i dont see it as a drug.

And again i dont care what you think about my wattage use, i dont understand why its a big deal? your makin me look like a liar because my bill raises $250 a month? is it your bill? no... its not. so why do you care. i seriously dont see why you care? im baffeled? thats just me, its a big *** deal to you... OKAY DUDE! be cool.

HAHHA and 13 cents? no! were paying 23 cents per kilowatt hour. i dont know where in california that is, but i wish i lived there!!!!

but again, why are you goin through all the hassell? you can do the math and make me look like a liar if youd like, i dont know any of you personally anyways so it doesnt get to me...

I do find it funny how your attacking me for NO reason. Like seriously, thats not what this is about.

Im also taking it were not going to get back on subject of the coliseum... So thanks for those of you who did answer my question.

and no disrespect to you tater, it was just that i was asking about the coliseum and not for you to talk about what i do or what i pay for that matter?

Its an open forum my friend what I choose to comment on is up to me.

i do take that back... it is a PRESCRIPTION DRUG, but not an ILLEGAL substance by california law. Im native american and i grew up with people who thought it wasnt a drug. The indian people discovered marijuana long before white people stepped on this country. Its a "drug" because of 18th/19th century politics. to be honest, I see alcohol as more of a drug then i would marijuana.... thats just me?

your right dude, thats true, But im not askin you to be hostile. Ill be honest, you are makin me a little angry. But it dont FAZE me, u have your opinions and think as you shall. Thanks for your comments, CALL IT LIKE YOU SEE IT, thats all gravy with me. it dont matter what you think anyways. none of what you think is important.

Wrong its a drug because it contains THC and other cannabinoids.. Anything that alters the mind or function of the body can be considered a drug. If nothing that I think is important why are you upset?

hahahaha good point. to be honest, if i knew you i think id be hella funny! i could argue with you all day.

but im not trippin off of it anymore, and i guess you can call it a drug, again i dont see it as one. In my culture, we were brought up not to look at it that way. And i am DEAD serious about my electricity rising that high, dont ask me how it happens? maybe as you said, i am disinformed, but when i looked at the two electricity bills, those were the prices. I dont have any reason to lie about my electricity bill. i honestly would be HAPPY paying $36 a month, that would amaze me!

And i do care about your opinion in question... on the coliseum that is.

and if im considered a drug dealer thats fine, but under law, im not considered that of one. Its all taxed when i sell it to the club. They pay state taxes.

Why did you have to get all rational, this isn't fun anymore.

you got just as rational as i did!!!!!! dude i was just askin about the coliseum....

ANYWAYS! im sorry for getting a bit to hostile toword you and hemp goddess. I honestly dont believe im doing anything wrong, thats not my intention. anyways hope we can be cool dude! And i never meant for it to be fun, you had your arguements, and of course i had mine...

pimpdaddycoolz said:
you got just as rational as i did!!!!!! dude i was just askin about the coliseum....

ANYWAYS! im sorry for getting a bit to hostile toword you and hemp goddess. I honestly dont believe im doing anything wrong, thats not my intention. anyways hope we can be cool dude! And i never meant for it to be fun, you had your arguements, and of course i had mine...

Hey, we are cool. And it was actually NorCalHal and I sparring back and forth (trying to decide on a definition for "commercial") more than you and I.

One of the things I like about this forum is that (at least IMO) it is meant more for the smaller grower who basically grows for personal use, not personal gain.

And, hey, we should try to make everything fun.
:48:

pimpdaddycoolz said:
and like you guys said, i dont believe that there is a superior method neccesarily. but its more like a sea of green type pf thing with 2 might bulbs. Im assuming, like you said, if i use that method under two regularly set up 600 watt ballast, i could get 6 lbs out of it. Im just assuming that if i had 360 degrees of light usage, on two bulbs, that my grow area would increase exponentially. to me, thats what the system seems to be about. no reflective hoods, just 360 degreees of growth.

It just seems like if i could take my hoods out of the equation i have now, and grow the same number of plants on top, and on the sides, that it would resemble the coliseum would it not?

I can tell you for sure that you are not able to pull 6 pounds from 2- 600's, no matter what method you use.

With the coliseum, it is designed to grow leafy plants such as lettice, when they say that you will harvest 6lbs potentially, they are talking about 6 pounds of fresh lettice, remeber you do not dry leaf veggies that you would be growing in this unit. With MJ you are going to loose around 70% of the wet weight because of drying. So even if you got 6 pounds in total of stem, leaf and buds you are looking at an actual harvest of about 85% lower weight, for a total of around 400 grams dry, and that would be if you were actually pulling 6lbs of gross weight.

You are a lot better off just setting up a Scrog, because IMO, that will harvest more then a coliseum as a coliseum is not designed for growing cannabis.

Thanks mass producer!

But i was reading it out of the current issue of weed world... (issue number 76)

(and also just to clarify right now im not trying to argue with you!!!! hahaha)

But it had a grow journal from a guy that used something similar called the "Pi-rack". he claimed to have pulled 2.12 kg on his second grow (about 4.7) lbs of dry weight. He claims thats after being dried and cured. he also said "The store owners who sold me the set up say its easy to pull 3 kg from the set up, but i havn't been able to hit that goal yet"

Thats where i got the idea from.... Thats why i was curious as to whether or not anyone had GOOD success with it ya know?

again ive had some arguements break out in this post and im NOT in anyway trying to argue... I was just curious as to whether or not his claims were possible?

i cant get to the website, i was trying to see if i could pull up the article...

Latest posts

Back