The Dr's Office

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I just ordered me an active Aqua 40 gallon Rez with lid! Got it from hydro Galaxy for $123.95 and free shipping. Hah! I've painstakingly looked all over til I found the right one. I almost purchased a 20 gal off of amazon for $180, before I decided to do some serious price comparison shopping. Glad I did cuz I got more Rez for less money? Doin the happy dance! It will fit perfectly under my flood table. I sure hope I'll have the headroom to keep some distance with my led's! Ugh. This seems to be my only question now!

Nice! I just looked that res up. I'm so jealous!! 12" tall and 40gal?! Awesome! :D

Like I mentioned before, I don't do tables for flowering because of headroom, but a lot of people do it without issues. Just have to do more plants, and shorter.. I believe. :)

I'll be watching and taking notes :)

Excellent! Glad to have you along :aok:

So my ebb and flow kit showed up, minus some parts. The description said it contained a 6 way manifold and all the water lines and basket stakes for a drip system to start the small plants. Well it was missing those parts. I contacted Amazon and they're reshipping the products no questions asked, and I get to keep the ebb and flow valve and fill and drain lines. That's why I shop Amazon! They always make it right! I also got my tds meter, and my jungle juice three part nutes. Tomorrow my lights will be here, can't wait!

Enjoyed the bubble earlier huh ? Sounds really good to me, wish I could join ya.

So my ebb and flow kit showed up, minus some parts. The description said it contained a 6 way manifold and all the water lines and basket stakes for a drip system to start the small plants. Well it was missing those parts. I contacted Amazon and they're reshipping the products no questions asked, and I get to keep the ebb and flow valve and fill and drain lines. That's why I shop Amazon! They always make it right! I also got my tds meter, and my jungle juice three part nutes. Tomorrow my lights will be here, can't wait!

Ahh, bummer about the parts, but yeah...Amazon is great :) Keep me informed with what's going on Brix! :D

Enjoyed the bubble earlier huh ? Sounds really good to me, wish I could join ya.

I wish you could join me too Yooper. It was very good. Think I'll have some more this morning! lol :)

So... darn.... COLD! :(

Wednesday is supposed to be beautiful though, so, lookin' forward to that! :D

Also, t-minus 5 days till chop-chop :D Already seeing amber, so could pull now if I wanted. Man, they are small buds...really glad I'm done with this MESSING UP thing! Soilless.. BAH! I leave the dirt to you organic professionals. :aok:

So I just got my shipment from fedex and low and behold, mars hydro only sent me one light even though I paid for four of them. I'm three short. It never ends! I just sent sara an email, waiting to hear back from her! So far my luck is no good! Lol

So I just got my shipment from fedex and low and behold, mars hydro only sent me one light even though I paid for four of them. I'm three short. It never ends! I just sent sara an email, waiting to hear back from her! So far my luck is no good! Lol

Oh man! That's a bummer Brix! Sara will make it right.

Your grows are doing well dgf.......... hope you are to........ I'm so jealous of all your hash.......... I gotta do more of that myself.

:48:

Thanks G13! :aok: I'm doing very decent.

Yeah, I had to do all the trimmings I had kicking around, as people in the house were getting upset the freezer space was slammed. LOL :D

Ok, tonight I did some add back solutions to Tent #2, which is at 2 weeks and 4 days into flowering. Add back went in around 1200 PPM's, ph'd to 5.7. Added into solution that was 5.9 - 6.0 and everything settled to around 5.9. I'll leave it there, let it float up to 6.2 in a couple days, then bop it back down to 5.8. I love the swing, and I think the plants do too! :D

All clones are doing great. Most Rockwool stuff has thrown roots...I'll keep them in the dome to keep them small for awhile longer. The Tent that has 5 days left is showing about 5% - 10% amber. Quite dense it seems, so that is good. Very stinky! :)

I'm keeping the lights 22" away in Tent #2. Going to leave it there and let them grow a bit closer, but the stretch should be just about entirely over.
There's my update. :)

So I finally got home from work, and opened the one Mars hydro 400 w led's. WOW! I cannot believe how bright that sucker is. I can't imagine 4 of them. I made the mistake of looking directly into it and just like you said doc, everything had a green shade to it for a few minutes. Looks like I'll be needing some of those method seven glasses! Lol. I still haven't heard a thing from Sara at mars hydro yet!:( I want my other three so I can get this show on the road! On a good note my submersible pump showed up.

I tested my tap water with my tds meter and it read 166ppm. Is this ok, or should I use my RO system? I hate using it cuz it wastes so much water. Tell me a little about res temps? And how to control them if they get into the danger zones!. When I change my res out should I wash it out every time? If so with what? I'd imagine soap is not good.

So I finally got home from work, and opened the one Mars hydro 400 w led's. WOW! I cannot believe how bright that sucker is. I can't imagine 4 of them. I made the mistake of looking directly into it and just like you said doc, everything had a green shade to it for a few minutes. Looks like I'll be needing some of those method seven glasses! Lol. I still haven't heard a thing from Sara at mars hydro yet!:( I want my other three so I can get this show on the road! On a good note my submersible pump showed up.

I tested my tap water with my tds meter and it read 166ppm. Is this ok, or should I use my RO system? I hate using it cuz it wastes so much water. Tell me a little about res temps? And how to control them if they get into the danger zones!. When I change my res out should I wash it out every time? If so with what? I'd imagine soap is not good.

I'm going to talk to her on Skype, and tell her to get to it! Mondays are ALWAYS tough for them, as they don't process orders on the weekends.

166ppm is just fine, I do believe. Matter of fact, it's better to use that with trace minerals than to use R/O, according to some things I've read along the way. Who knows what's correct or not, but I do know 166ppm's should be just fine :) It's not city / chlorinated is it? If it is, just let it stand for 24 hours.

Res temps. I don't psycho worry, but it's good to keep it now lower than 60° and no higher than 78°. I have fish tank heaters I use to keep em warmer in the super cold winters, but this year I didn't really have to run mine when I went back hydro. As for chillers, I have no experience with them. I've read about a few that are interesting to consider, but I would just use a frozen bottle from my big freezer everyday if I wanted to keep em down a bit. Bunch of reading shows that's rather effective, people just get sick of taking them out of the res and putting them back in.

When you change your res, it's good to wash it down and scrub it down with water. Some people (me included) have used vinegar or even a very light bleach solution. Currently, I've been mostly using just water. Hey, I grow on the border of crazy, even if my grows look clean..some of my practices aren't great. Like, I dip my clone cuttings directly in the main clonex jar, without taking some out and just dipping there. Oh, this one jar is 2 years old, as I haven't had to buy anymore since when I first started. Yeah, some people would **** right there on that one thing. hah! :)

I'm going to talk to her on Skype, and tell her to get to it! Mondays are ALWAYS tough for them, as they don't process orders on the weekends.

166ppm is just fine, I do believe. Matter of fact, it's better to use that with trace minerals than to use R/O, according to some things I've read along the way. Who knows what's correct or not, but I do know 166ppm's should be just fine :) It's not city / chlorinated is it? If it is, just let it stand for 24 hours.

Res temps. I don't psycho worry, but it's good to keep it now lower than 60° and no higher than 78°. I have fish tank heaters I use to keep em warmer in the super cold winters, but this year I didn't really have to run mine when I went back hydro. As for chillers, I have no experience with them. I've read about a few that are interesting to consider, but I would just use a frozen bottle from my big freezer everyday if I wanted to keep em down a bit. Bunch of reading shows that's rather effective, people just get sick of taking them out of the res and putting them back in.

When you change your res, it's good to wash it down and scrub it down with water. Some people (me included) have used vinegar or even a very light bleach solution. Currently, I've been mostly using just water. Hey, I grow on the border of crazy, even if my grows look clean..some of my practices aren't great. Like, I dip my clone cuttings directly in the main clonex jar, without taking some out and just dipping there. Oh, this one jar is 2 years old, as I haven't had to buy anymore since when I first started. Yeah, some people would **** right there on that one thing. hah! :)

I do have city water. When I was running all organic I RO'ed all my water. I will leave it sit for 24 hrs, thanks. Just water is what I thought as well to wash the res. I am pretty meticulous about my practices. I wear gloves and use sterile scalpels when I clone. I don't dip into the jar, I take some out. I don't even dip in to get some gel out I just shake it till some comes out! Lol!

I don't dip into the jar, I take some out. I don't even dip in to get some gel out I just shake it till some comes out! Lol!

See, now that's what most do and what you're trained to do. Now think about what I said;

One 2 year old bottle of ClonEx Gel..
Hundreds of cuttings dipped over the years..

....you're squirming aren't ya! hah :D

I know I know, I should do that too. Maybe 2 years from now I'll change my ways with that one. :D

As for the city water thing. What I've heard is let is rest and blah blah, trace elements blah blah... me? If I had an R/O setup, I'd most likely use that if I had city water as I do not like the idea of their additives (softeners etc). I would run the R/O and add Cal-Mag etc. But who knows.. I'm no pro when it comes to R/O and city water. I'm country water, 33 ppm's from the faucet. :D

Maybe someone else could chime in or help you better with that thought. I lean toward R/O with city, but supposedly better to air out and use trace elements. Bah, what'd you do?!

Maybe someone else could chime in or help you better with that thought. I lean toward R/O with city, but supposedly better to air out and use trace elements. Bah, what'd you do?![/QUOTE]

I RO'ed all my city water. It was 0 ppm. I'll ask THG, she'll know the answer I bet! Lol

I RO'ed all my city water. It was 0 ppm. I'll ask THG, she'll know the answer I bet! Lol

Yeah, R/O seems to be great if you add the trace stuff. Cal-Mag, and I think there's some "trace elements package" thingie you can add too. I'm a noob there though! Maybe THG knows, indeed :)

I just don't like to waste water if there is no need!

I do not blame you! I know there's people growing with way worse ppm's from city, and doing very good. :aok:

Fang you have good water at 33, mine reads 250 out of the tap.

Latest posts

Back