The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning crew of Misfits. What's going on today. I know I have to wash some cloths and tend to the girls. Not looking forward to the heat. So I'll get started in a little while. Enjoy my coffee and bowls of herb.

good morning giggy , ness , subgirl, and all the lurkers

we got pounded last night , 3-5 inches rain , hail , and winds 40-60 mph and I have not been to the garden yet to see the damage , I need strong coffee first
Wishing and hoping that your plants were strong to their environment and it only made them stronger. 💕

5 hours in the saddle and all green stuff is cut. Hope I get my diesel salad shooter back pretty soon. 60" cuts a lot quicker than 42".
The officer's club must have burned down 'cause I had a full detachment of close combat air support via a dozen barn swallows. Those guys are a hoot to watch. No fancy moves like picking off a bug six inches from my head, but they were filling up on the ones I kicked up with the mower.

Shower's taken, food eaten, and just about to light up a bowl of bubble. Good day.

"I asked an elderly man once what it was like to be old and to know the majority of his life was behind him. He told me that he has been the same age his entire life. He said the voice inside of his head had never aged. He has always just been the same boy. His mother's son. He had always wondered when he would grow up and be an old man. He said he watched his body age and his faculties dull but the person he is inside never got tired. Never aged. Never changed.
Our spirits are eternal. Our souls are forever. The next time you encounter an elderly person, look at them and know they are still a child, just as you are still a child and children will always need love, attention and purpose."
This fits so many of us here.
Got to thinkin' more about this post, Rosty. This is the result:

I have had one helluva life. When I was a little kid, I watched bright yellow and blue Army Air Force BIPLANE fly overhead. Now we've mapped Pluto.

We had a two-foot tall oaken telephone that generated its own electricity with a crank. Now I can be in Tasmania and my waterproof phone will show me exactly where I am on a full-color scrollable map.

I have known and loved only one woman in my life, and she has given me two fine, nay, spectacular and successful sons as different as can be.

I have seen the world... Europe, Asia, South America -- and the finest place on earth is where (by my totally free site-choice) I now reside.

I have written a novel wherein the worst review was that the book was too short at 462 pages.

Trail riding, hill climbing, home-built kayaking, 1000's of hours underwater on SCUBA all over the world with color movies going back 50 years, piloting small planes and one 727 jet, hunting (and getting in a desperate fight with a wild boar). Been in a sumbarine and an aircraft carrier. I have been in a deep gold mine.

I've been bitten by a rattlesnake, run over by a car, shot, stabbed, and food-poisoned and more... and I don't even limp.

My parts are about worn out... but it has been one helluva ride.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back