The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They sell 10 sheets for like 10 dollars if you look around Cheap enough to fix 10 microwavesll

Thanks for the tip brother!

I DID have a fun learning 'sperience -- I bought a wood turning chisel at a yard sale. It was very old and high quality. The chisel was a razor.In my innocent stupiditity, I did NOT change out and make a new handle. There I wuz, cutting an oak bowl, and the chisel hit a hard(er) spot. The handle snapped as you can see. The exciting part was that the blade went whipping over my right shoulder to fly all the way across the garage, where the pointy end stuck deep in the concrete block wall!!! o_O😦😲😮Big -- I am not afraid of anything... and that scares me.

I fell in love with the wood lathe in high school shop and the first thing the instructor pointed out to us, was the holes in the ceiling over the lathe.................

There are similar tools but not the same as yours
http://www.garypye.com/GPW-1-2-Captive-Ring-Tool-p432.html
See the source image
Image result for Captive Wood Rings

I fell in love with the wood lathe in high school shop and the first thing the instructor pointed out to us, was the holes in the ceiling over the lathe.................
Back in The Olden Days, the high school woodshop had a lathe with a picture of a necktie with the caption:
"In a tie with a lathe, you lose."

Regarding my invention: The same damn' thing happened when I invented the wheel. And the plow. Rat's arse. Fartbubble.

Not only that, but the summon-a-gun is already marketing my invention! Moreover, have you ever tried to make an indented round cutting edge on the end of a fargin file? I'da bought the guy's whole dang set instead of sweatin' blood...

Oh, well... I DID invent 6-Up

One more piece of important microwave info:

If your microwave stops working, it is because a plain old fuse inside has popped. The fuse is the kind you see everywhere: shiny ends on a tube of glass.
1604408108103.png
Just take the cover off and you will see it. Pop in the new one and you are back in bidness. MySonTheDoctor stopped me from throwing away my microwave by showing me this trick. I'm still using it years later.

One more piece of important microwave info:

If you microwave stops working, it is because a plain old fuse inside has popped. The fuse is the kind you see everywhere: shiny ends on a tube of glass. View attachment 265898Pop in the new one and you are back in bidness.
Oh and the dreaded Micro switch , they can go bad too, need the multimeter to test them
But they go bad a lot from opening and closing the microwave door
Image result for microwave micro switch
Oh and never operate a microwave without that mica shield in front of the Magnatron Unit
It will cause body parts to srink and shrivel up.

mornin folks...gray, my carb is a 3216 carter 4 bbl. if I remember correctly...lottsa carbs around here...
Any pontiac 6 packs laying around?
Boo any idea what a 326 pontiac is pushing HP wise, I do have a 4 barrel and intake Manifold but no clue on HP?
It has been bored out at 1 over , and completely rebuilt after timing chain (plastic) blew apart) Has metal now.
Never had it dyno'ed because it is a convert.
I figured approx 280hp not bad for a gradma sleeper

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back