The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning OFC. Another Moanday.

Hopper are you ok....lots of rain down yer way.

No walk today. Like Big to much going on. Peas and beans are played out in the veggie garden. Everything else is going crazy....no food shortage here.
So thats what that water falling out of the sky is. Forgot what the shit looked like. 😁 🤪

At age 61 I sat down and figured out how to retire at age 62. With the average age at that time being 78 years old, I figured the five years I gained in retirement was 30% of what was left............... I am now past 78 and still going but feel my age in places like my back.

Good luck at the doc's my dear!
I was 52 when I retarded. Got lucky on the stock market. Ain't rich, but no debts. But boy howdy... yer back lets you know all the trail-riding and stuff has gotta be paid for with back-pain owies.

Jeez. There are ENORMOUS advantages to having been borned in 1940 (do the math).

1. When I add it up, I have collected more from my company retirement plan than I was paid for all the time (25yrs) I worked there.

2. All the people who really pissed me off... are dead. <-- Immense satisfaction, that 🥴

3. I met youse guys... in about the most roundabout way possible -- and now my second-hand multiple-repair parts do not hurt hardly at all compared to where it was. Because of two great guys here.

4. And my bucket list is purty dang short; I have piloted a jet, prop planes, two masted sailboats, and little boats. Been on a sumbarine and A/C carrier. Scuba dove in two oceans, hand fed sharks on CNN, and hit a bullet thrown in the air with another bullet. I've been all over the world several times. I've eaten dog, truffles, and spiders. I had a glass of wine from a special vintage from grapes grown over a saint's grave -- less than five bottles per vintage. I drove 655 miles all over Britain on their crazy side of the road. Been to Stonehendge and Avesbury. <-- That's where I saw crop circles, BTW. Launched a paper plane from the top of the Eiffel Tower.

Last edited:
I was 52 when I retarded. Got lucky on the stock market. Ain't rich, but no debts. But boy howdy... yer back lets you know all the trail-riding and stuff has gotta be paid for with back-pain owies.

Jeez. There are ENORMOUS advantages to having been borned in 1940 (do the math).

1. When I add it up, I have collected more from my company retirement plan than I was paid for all the time (25yrs) I worked there.

2. All the people who really pissed me off... are dead. <-- Immense satisfaction, that 🥴

3. I met youse guys... in about the most roundabout way possible -- and now my second-hand multiple-repair parts do not hurt hardly at all compared to where it was. Because of two great guys here.

4. And my bucket list is purty dang short; I have piloted a jet, prop planes, two masted sailboats, and little boats. Been on a sumbarine and A/C carrier. Scuba dove in two oceans, hand fed sharks on CNN, and hit a bullet thrown in the air with another bullet. I've been all over the world several times. I've eaten dog, truffles, and spiders. I had a glass of wine from a special vintage from grapes grown over a saint's grave -- less than five bottles per vintage. I drove 655 miles all over Britain on their crazy side of the road. Been to Stonehendge and Avesbury. <-- That's where I saw crop circles, BTW. Launched a paper plane from the top of the Eiffel Tower.
Things were much tougher when I was born in 1943, but I probably could have retired at age 52 if I hadn't had three wives and bought so many toys along the way.

I grow pot.....other that that I am worthless.

Things were much tougher when I was born in 1943, but I probably could have retired at age 52 if I hadn't had three wives and bought so many toys along the way.
Yuppers. Twas your mistake: Marry a gorgeous redheaded witch, and you can have your toys and retard early.

Of course she must be the oldest daughter of the oldest daughter for seven generations... and she must be from the Hay Clan (Blairgowrie - Arbroath area).

That one [meh] hurdle is looked back upon fondly; we have been married longer than most of the people on this planet have been alive.

One for my electrician friend @joeb631a
1661191952597.png

At age 61 I sat down and figured out how to retire at age 62. With the average age at that time being 78 years old, I figured the five years I gained in retirement was 30% of what was left............... I am now past 78 and still going but feel my age in places like my back.

Good luck at the doc's my dear!

I'll be 70 in Feb. with little aches and pains. My back does hurt bad when I pull those weeds in the yard. I have one more plant outside and it's a flop. We have a night light outside close to the grow tent and it made a freaky plant. I'll snap a picture and show you what happen. Also I had trouble with dry rot on four plants outside. Next year I'll have a better set up and try it again. yeha

Ya need to get an ultralight, Walt. I'm thinkin' seriously 'bout it.

I retired at the ripe old age of 50. Didn't go out the way I wanted to, but I got out. I really wanted to work right up to my last day, take off my war belt full of tools, and dump 'em in the pickle barrel and tell the boys to go fishin' for what they wanted. The way it turned out was pretty cool, though. I was laid off (can't mention the president that was in office), and got to thinking I had to be close, so I called the union and asked when my get out date was. They said, "Now", and that I could fill out all the paper work online. Nope, want to do it in person so I've got someone to choke if it goes south. Drew my last unemployment check and received my first rocking chair check two weeks later.

I retired a few months before my 60th birthday...that was 13 years ago this January. Since then I have been in jail in my basement. I work harder now than I did at work. And I love it!! I work totally for myself....no public, no angry customer and no employee headaches. I do what I want when I want and that is good enough for me.

I've been getting my SSDI for almost10 years now, every month y'all work to keep me funded, at least some of you guys do...I was working on an electrical panel earlier and almost forgot what it feels like to get bit by 110 v...that zap lets you know you're alive...a few more runs and the electrical is complete...plants are hating me for their lack of attention...helll, they're fed and they got lights...that'll have to do for the time being...

I've been getting my SSDI for almost10 years now, every month y'all work to keep me funded, at least some of you guys do...I was working on an electrical panel earlier and almost forgot what it feels like to get bit by 110 v...that zap lets you know you're alive...a few more runs and the electrical is complete...plants are hating me for their lack of attention...helll, they're fed and they got lights...that'll have to do for the time being...
5796901ff390731439ffcfef5b178d53.gif

Latest posts

Back