The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like this
See the source image

Whatcha got there is an Arnie Schwartzengill. That guy there is the pond boss. When they get to that size, their body shape alters. Here is one just entering the Frankenstein transformation. The one in your pic above is twice the size.

Bluegill%202016%2006.jpg

Oh, lordy... my fave way is camp-style: Gut it, pour boiling water over it and the scales fall off, pan-fry with butter/lemon.

See the source image

Giant Piranha

I watch the show River Monsters

The rare goliath tigerfish is among the most dangerous freshwater fish in the world. But that didn't stop angler Jeremy Wade from going after one for the British ITV show called "River Monsters," which he hosts.

The show investigates mythical reports of humans being attacked by unknown monsters around the world.

Wade, 52, carefully held his 5-foot-long catch as he posed for photos, and it's easy to see why.

The giant fish weighs more than 100 pounds and has 32 teeth, similar in size and sharpness to those of a great white shark.

Last edited by a moderator:
I lived in New Port Richie on a canal. I would get up at 430am to to fish for Snook when they were in season. Man can they fight. Also taste awesome too. All my Wife had to do is walk across the road to bring me a sandwich. 😁
0541b192ad41368ad6e3c8846d91aa0fl-m87064551xd-w480_h360_q80.jpg

Damm guys, I go and mow the front yard and this thread took off. Gone Fish'n instead of just A Wishin.....I haven't done much this summer. Somehow the thrill is gone. To much work to get up two hours before sun up, drive 90 miles fish until the wind blew you off the lake and drive 2 hrs back home. What is worse Is I always came back empty handed.......that is why I'm put em bk. I should go but I have to trim.....always.....

attachment.php

One of my favorite dry fly holes. Gin clear water. A lot deeper than you think. Fish always rise on the far side of the bank. This pic is not edited at all. Came out that way.

I lived in New Port Richie on a canal. I would get up at 430am to to fish for Snook when they were in season. Man can they fight. Also taste awesome too. All my Wife had to do is walk across the road to bring me a sandwich. 😁
View attachment 263958
if there's a better fighting or eating fish than snook I'd like to find one...snook is the prime tenderloin of the brackish water...

Latest posts

Back